|Marc Maron Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1963|
Marc Maron is an American stand-up comedian, podcaster, writer, and actor who became a household name in the United States in the 1990s largely due to frequent guest appearances on the late-night talk shows Late Show with David Letterman and Late Night with Conan O’Brien. Over the next decade or so, he hosted several TV and radio programs including Comedy Central‘s Short Attention Span Theater (1993 to 1994), the short-lived game show Never Mind the Buzzcocks (2002), The Marc Maron Show (2006), Morning Sedition (2004), and Breakroom Live (2008-2009). His greatest claim to fame, though, came with the podcast WTF with Marc Maron that he started hosting in September 2009 where he would interview comedians, authors, musicians, and celebrities in his garage in Highland Park, Los Angeles. Apart from his work as a podcaster and stand-up comedian, he has authored the books The Jerusalem Syndrome: My Life As a Reluctant Messiah (2001), Attempting Normal (2014), and Waiting for the Punch: Words to Live by from the WTF Podcast (2017). He has also acted in several films in supporting/cameo roles. His most notable work as a TV actor has included starring as ‘himself’ in the comedy series Maron (2013-2016), voicing the character of Randl in the animated TV series Harvey Beaks (2015-2016), and playing the co-lead role of Sam Sylvia in the Netflix comedy series GLOW (2017-Present).
Marc David Maron
Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States
Highland Park, Los Angeles, California, United States
Marc had graduated from the Highland High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He then joined Boston University and graduated from there in 1986 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature.
Stand-up Comedian, Podcaster, Writer, Actor
- Father – Barry Ralph Maron (Orthopedic Surgeon)
- Mother – Toby Maron
- Siblings – Craig Maron (Younger Brother)
- Others – Benjamin Maron (Paternal Grandfather), Eleanor Mostowitz (Paternal Grandmother), Jacob Blum (Maternal Grandfather), Golda/Goldie Feuer (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Kelly Van Valkenburg, General Manager, Avalon Entertainment, New York City, New York, United States.
Alternative Comedy, Black Comedy, Self-Deprecation, Cringe Comedy, Satire, Observational Comedy
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marc has dated –
- Kimberly Reiss (1997–2001) – Marc got married to Kimberly Reiss in 1997 and the couple parted ways in 2001.
- Mishna Wolff (2004–2007) – Marc then married former standup comedian Mishna Wolff in 2004 and they got divorced in 2007.
- Jessica Sanchez (2010-2013) – He started dating behavior specialist Jessica Sanchez in 2010 and they got engaged in 2012. They eventually parted ways in October 2013.
- Moon Zappa (2014)
- Sarah Cain (2015-2019)
- Lynn Shelton (2019-2020) – Marc started dating film director Lynn Shelton in late 2019 and the two were together until her untimely demise in May 2020 that was caused by a blood disorder.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Polish and Russian-Jewish descent.
- Center-parted, wavy, overgrown hair
- Sports a thick mustache, often accompanied by a rugged beard
- Affable smile
- Often sports a Mullett
Marc Maron Facts
- He had lived in Wayne, New Jersey until the age of 6 when he moved to Alaska as his father had joined the U.S. Air Force for 2 years. Once his father decided to leave the force, the family moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico where Marc stayed till his high school graduation.
- A 2010 episode of the podcast WTF with Marc Maron where he interviewed fellow standup comedian and former roommate Louis C.K. was rated as the ‘#1 Podcast Episode of All Time’ by Slate magazine.
- For his work in the 2019 comedy film Sword of Trust, he had won the ‘Best Actor’ award at the year’s Gijón International Film Festival.
- He has often spoken candidly, in public and on his podcast, about his alcohol and drug abuse during the 1990s and how he got sober in 1999.
Featured Image by Marc Maron / Instagram