|Michael Hsu Rosen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1992|
Michael Hsu Rosen is an American actor, dancer, and singer who burst into the spotlight after playing Nabil on Netflix’s TV series Tiny Pretty Things (2020). He has appeared in various other television shows including Taxi Brooklyn (2014) and has performed in several plays like Colman Domingo‘s Dot (2016) at the Vineyard Theatre. Michael has also been featured in a number of films such as Nora Highland (2020). He has accumulated more than 90k followers on Instagram.
Michael Hsu Rosen
New York City, New York, United States
He took lessons at the School of American Ballet, the training according to him, having taught him the value of time and effort. He had enrolled as an undergraduate at Yale University but had withdrawn early in order to return to the stage in 2013.
Actor, Dancer, Singer
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
- Thick eyebrows
- Sharp nose
Michael Hsu Rosen Favorite Things
- Activity – Reading, having enjoyed learning by doing so and having got particularly interested in gay literature when he was in high school, going through which had helped him find acceptance and understanding within himself
Source – TV Over Mind
Michael Hsu Rosen Facts
- He was brought up in New York City and has stated that he would not trade being a New Yorker for anything, having cherished the incredible parks, museums, and theater in the place. Michael has explained that when someone grew up in a place as crowded and diverse as Manhattan, he or she would be forced to experience the complexity of the world very early on. He has added that he has been blessed with loving and thoughtful parents who, along with the exposure, had motivated him to be more tolerant and accepting of people’s differences as well as to understand and enjoy them.
- He came out as gay at the age of 15.
- Michael has been starring on Broadway since the age of 17 when he had his first professional audition for the part in West Side Story. Along with it being his first major audition, it had been his first time singing in public. He went on to make his Broadway debut as Chino in the 2009 dance-heavy revival of West Side Story.
- Michael has admitted that as he had started working at a young age, he missed out on a lot of the things that normal children experience. He was unable to go to prom because he had to perform in West Side Story on the same evening.
- He has guest-starred in several episodes of the Marvel series Jessica Jones (2019).
- Michael has been noted to have been an all-around performer who has relished singing and dancing along with acting. He has pointed out that his being classically trained in ballet had been a huge contributing factor to his getting cast in Tiny Pretty Things. He has loved how dance connects us to our bodies and has found the physical awareness and control he learned from ballet to be extremely useful for him as an actor, especially on stage.
Featured Image by Michael Hsu Rosen / Instagram