|Malia Ann Obama Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 4, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Malia Ann Obama is an American media personality who is the older daughter of Barack Obama, the 44th president of the United States, and his wife Michelle Obama. Along with her sister, she was named as one of “The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014” by Time magazine.
Malia Ann Obama
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Malia Obama was enrolled at the University of Chicago Laboratory School. After her father became the US President, she was enrolled at the Sidwell Friends School in Washington, D.C. from where she graduated in May 2016.
After high school graduation, she took a break for a year and joined Harvard University in 2017.
- Father – Barack Obama (Former US President, former senator, lawyer, and author)
- Mother – Michelle Obama (Former US first lady, lawyer, and author)
- Siblings – Sasha Obama (Younger Sister)
- Others – Maya Soetoro-Ng (Paternal Aunt), Konrad Ng (Uncle; Maya’s Husband), Barack Obama Sr. (Paternal Grandfather) (Cook), Stanley Ann Dunham (Paternal Grandmother), Fraser Robinson III (Maternal Grandfather), Marian Lois Shields (Maternal Grandmother)
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Malia Obama has dated –
- Joey Badass (2015) – In January 2015, Malia’s picture wearing a tee from Pro Era’s collection was shared by rapper Joey Badass on social media which caused fans to link them.
- Taylor Bennett (2016) – In 2016, Malia was seeing hip hop recording artist Taylor Bennett, who is the younger brother of Chance the Rapper. Bennett’s father Ken Williams-Bennett has also served as President Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff. Taylor was reportedly the influence behind Malia smoking marijuana in September at the Budweiser Made in America Festival.
- Rory Farquharson (2017-Present) – In 2017, after she joined Harvard University, she met another Harvard student Rory Farquharson with whom she started dating. They were seen smooching during a football game in November 2017. Later, in January 2018, the duo was clicked shopping at the Soho neighborhood of New York City.
Note – In 2011, she was reported to be dating someone at the Sidwell Friends School. It was revealed that Malia had even shared her first-ever kiss with her unidentified boyfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Luo Kenyan, English, and small traces of Scottish, Irish, German, Welsh, Swiss-German, and French ancestry.
On her mother’s side, she has mainly black Gullah roots and distant English, Scottish and Irish ancestry.
- Tall body frame
- Cute smile
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
Best Known For
Being the eldest daughter of the former US President Barack Obama
First TV Show
In 2008, Malia was seen in 4 episodes in the news show Access Hollywood.
In her interview, Michelle Obama revealed that Malia regularly hits the gym. In the gym, she likes to go for a balanced workout with a focus on cardio as well as high rep and low weight strength training exercises. She is also a big fan of cycling around.
Other activities that can be credited for her toned body include basketball and tennis games. She also regularly uses the Wii Fit console, which is a device used for Nintendo exercise games.
Regarding diet, Malia and her sister Sasha are encouraged to eat green and locally produced food items with a special focus on fresh and seasonal vegetables.
Malia Obama Favorite Things
- Food – Burger, French fries, ice cream, cake, and pie
Source – Pop Sugar
Malia Obama Facts
- In high school, Malia Obama excelled as a volleyball player and in 2015, was named Washington volleyball player of the year. Overall, she was the 38th best player in the country that year.
- She has no intention of following her parents into law and politics. Instead, she wants to become a photographer and a filmmaker and for the latter, she managed to get an internship with Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.
- In her gap year after high school graduation, she interned in the U.S. Embassy in the Spanish capital in 2016.
- She learned to drive from the officers of the US secret service who were assigned for her security.
- In 2014, the influential Times Magazine named Malia along with her younger sister Sasha on the list of “25 Most Influential Teens of 2014.”
- The US secret service gave her a code name of Radiance.
- In the summer of 2016, she worked at the takeout window of Nancy’s, which is a seafood joint in Martha’s Vineyard.
- She is very fluent in Spanish and served as his father’s translator during his first official trip to Cuba.
- In 2009, the toy company responsible for creating the Beanie Babies created dolls to honor Malia and Sasha with dolls of their resemblance. The doll representing her was called Marvelous Malia.
- As an infant, she had to suffer severe meningitis, which led to inflammation of the spinal cord and brain. The entire Obama family was worried that she might not be able to make a recovery.
- In December 2020, Barack revealed that Malia’s boyfriend Rory Farquharson quarantined with them in their home during the COVID-19 lockdown in 2020.
- She doesn’t have any official social media accounts.