|Joey Badass Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1995|
Joey Badass is an American rapper known for his popular mixtapes and studio albums like Summer Knights, 1999, and All-Amerikkkan Badass. He has done endorsement work for popular brands like Calvin Klein, Adidas, Crooks and Castles, and Billionaire Boys Club. Joey has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Jo-Vaughn Virginie Scott
Joey BadA$$, JayOhVee, O.G. $wank, Jozif Badmon, Bobby Badass, Big Poppa $wank
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Joey Badass went to the Edward R. Murrow High School. He had originally intended to study acting at Edward R. Murrow High School but in the 9th grade, he started moving towards music, with an attention on rapping.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Record Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He is the only child. However, he has 3 paternal half-brothers and a paternal half-sister.
Joey Badass is represented by –
- Johnny Snipes, President of the Cinematic Music Group.
- Noha, General Manager, 3D Distribution.
- Bradley, Orienteer PR, New York, United States.
- Anna Meacham, Purple PR, New York, United States.
- Peter Schwartz, Booking Agent, William Morris Endeavour Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Cinematic Music Group
- Pro Era Records
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joey Badass has dated –
- Malia Obama (2015) – In January 2015, Joey was linked with Malia Obama after he had shared a selfie of her wearing a tee from Pro Era’s collection. It caused a huge controversy as it was questioned how Joey got a picture of US president’s daughter. He later took to social media to apologize for any offense he might have caused. A couple of years later, he claimed that he was followed by the US Secret Services because of the incident.
- Vashtie Kola (2015) – In September 2015, Joey was linked with filmmaker and DJ Vashtie Kola after he shared a picture of her sitting on his lap at a fashion event on his Instagram. Their alleged romantic bond caused a bit of stir as she was 34 years old at that time, while he was just 20 years old.
- Indigo (2017) – In 2017, Joey was reported to be dating Instagram model, Indigo. They had been spotted together at a couple of nightclubs and they even posted pictures of them together on the social media. However, their relationship didn’t survive long and they eventually deleted pictures of them from their respective social media accounts.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Jamaican and St. Lucian ancestry.
- His unique hairdo
- Loves to wear a beanie
Joey Badass has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Calvin Klein
- Crooks and Castles
- Billionaire Boys Club
- American Eagle Outfitters
Best Known For
- The critical acclaim garnered by his mixtapes – Summer Knights and 1999.
- The commercial success of his studio album, All-Amerikkkan Badass, which made its US Billboard 200 debut on the 5th spot. It also sold 51k albums within the 1st week.
In January 2015, Joey released his debut studio album titled B4.Da.$$.
First TV Show
In 2012, Joey Badass made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
Joey Badass Favorite Things
- Music Influences – Tupac Shakur, Nas, MF DOOM, Black Thought, Andre 3000, Jay-Z, J Dilla, The Notorious B.I.G.
Source – Wikipedia
Joey Badass Facts
- He is the first member of his immediate family to be born in the United States.
- He started writing poems at the age of 11. At the same age, he started writing songs.
- He started his rap career with the stage name of JayOhVee but changed it to Joey Badass because he felt that the media preferred cynical stage names.
- He collaborated with fellow rapper CJ Fly to establish the hip hop collection known as Progressive Era or Pro Era. The other members of the collective are Powers Pleasant and Capital Steez.
- While in high school, he wanted to become an actor and had got enrolled at the Edward R. Murrow High School because of their reputation for working well with budding actors. When he turned 15, he started hanging out with rappers more often as he was intrigued with rapping. As the time passed, he found himself more engrossed in rapping than he was in acting.
- In 2012, his mixtape 1999 was featured on the list featuring top 40 albums of the year. The list was compiled by the popular Complex magazine.
- In 2015, he was caught up in a controversy after it was revealed that he had got into a scuffle with a security guard and had broken his nose during the Falls Music Festival in Australia.
- In October 2010, he created a video of him freestyling and posted it on YouTube. It was then reposted by hip-hop publication, World Star Hip Hop and was soon after discovered by Cinematic Music Group president, Johnny Snipes, who was sufficiently impressed to become his manager.
- The first ever hook he wrote was while sitting in a barbershop. He was getting a haircut when he saw a girl walk by and a song came to his mind, which he later wrote in three verses. He was 9 or 10 years old at that time.
- When he initially started rapping, he used to record his work on the knock-off iPod device.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, and Google+.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY-2.0