|MF Doom Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
MF Doom was a British-American rapper, songwriter, voiceover artist, and record producer who established himself as a major figure in underground hip hop of the early 21st century and was credited as “one of the most celebrated, unpredictable and enigmatic figures in independent hip-hop” by Variety. His musical career started in 1988 as a member of the American hip hop trio, KMD (Kausing Much Damage or A positive Kause in a Much Damaged society), and he went on to release a number of albums, extended plays, and tracks including Operation: Doomsday, Venomous Villain, Mm.. Food, Take Me to Your Leader, Saliva, Gazzillion Ear, and Born Like This.
MF Doom, Zev Love X, King Geedorah, King Ghidra, Viktor Vaughn, Metal Fingers, King Dumile, DOOM, Metal Face
He was born on January 9, 1971.
On October 31, 2020, he passed away at the age of 49 and the news was revealed by his wife via Instagram on December 31, 2020.
London, England, United Kingdom
Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer, Voiceover Artist
Underground Hip Hop, Alternative Hip Hop
Fondle ‘Em, Metal Face, Nature Sounds, Stones Throw, Lex, Rhymesayers, Elektra, Sub Verse, Big Dada, INgrooves
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
MF Doom had dated –
- Jasmine – He was married to Jasmine until his death in 2020. They had 3 children and it was revealed in December 2017 that their 14-year-old son, King Malachi Ezekiel Dumile, had died.
Race / Ethnicity
MF Doom was of Trinidadian descend on his mother’s side and had Zimbabwean ancestry on his father’s side.
- Always wore a metal mask when performing
- His lyrics contained many references to comic books and Japanese kaiju films
He had worked in TV commercials for Adult Swim, etc.
MF Doom Facts
- Alongside his family, he shifted to Long Island, New York during his younger years and was raised in the town of Long Beach, New York. Regardless, he remained a British citizen and never gained American citizenship.
- As he never acquired American citizenship, MF Doom was refused re-entry to the United States and, as of 2012, was living in London without his wife and 3 children.
- It was during the summer after 3rd grade that he started DJing.
- On April 20, 1999, he released his debut studio album, Operation: Doomsday, via Fondle ‘Em Records. In 2015, the album was ranked at number #6 in Fact‘s list of “100 Best Indie Hip-Hop Records of All Time”.
- He had provided vocals to the character of Sherman, a giraffe that travels primarily with Young Man and his other Animals, in the comedy animated television series, Perfect Hair Forever.
- On March 24, 2009, MF Doom released his 6th and final solo studio album, Born Like This, which debuted at number #52 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- Growing up, he was a fan and collector of comic books.
- Several artists, including Danny Brown, Denzel Curry, Ghostface Killah, Q-Tip, Questlove, and Tyler, the Creator, offered tributes to the late musician following his death.
Featured Image by TheArches / Flickr / CC BY 2.0