Ghostface Killah, Tony Starks, GFK, Pretty Toney, Ironman, The Wallabee Champ, Sun God, Starky Love, Ghost Deini
Staten Island, New York City, New York, United States
Rapper, Songwriter, Actor, Music Artist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – He was raised by a single mother.
- Siblings – Two of his siblings suffered from Muscular Dystrophy. His sister had a tumor which was surgically removed.
Ghostface Killah is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
Tommy Boy Entertainment, Starks Enterprises, Soul Temple Records, Razor Sharp/Epic, Def Jam Recordings
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
100 kg or 220 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ghostface Killah has dated –
- Karrine Steffans – In her memoirs, the former stripper and model Karrine Steffans revealed that she had an affair with Ghostface Killah. Even the rapper acknowledged that he had a passing relationship with Karrine.
- Kelsey Nykole (2014) – Ghostface Killah and model Kelsey Nykole started dating during his January 2014 stint in VH1 reality TV series Couples Therapy. While in the show, they often touched upon trust issues with his wandering ways proving to be too much for her. He even brought his other girlfriend to one episode of the show, which drove Kelsey mad.
- Ghostface Killah is a father to 4 children (3 sons and 1 daughter), out of which one is rapper Sun God. It is not known whether all his four children have a single mother or separate mothers.
Race / Ethnicity
Large and imposing body
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 37 in or 94 cm
Ghostface Killah has appeared in a commercial for Wu-Goo hash oil.
Best Known For
- Being a prominent member of the popular rap group Wu-Tang Clan.
- The critical acclaim garnered by his number of albums including Supreme Clientele in 2000 and Fishscale in 2006.
Ghostface Killah released his debut studio album Ironman in October 1996. The album was certified as platinum by RIAA and gold by MC.
In November 1993, his rap group, Wu Tang released their debut studio album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), which was certified as platinum in the US.
In 1998, he made his first theatrical film appearance with a cameo role in the American crime drama Belly.
First TV Show
In 2004, Ghostface Killah made his TV show debut as himself on the 106 & Park Top 10 Live show.
Ghostface Killah was diagnosed with diabetes in 1996. In fact, his blood sugar level was soaring at 500 by the time he was diagnosed. The extreme symptoms of his medical condition such as blurred vision made him realize that he needed to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
He gave up smoking and cut back on his drinking habit. He also made sure that he was working out regularly. The rapper also included protein shakes in his diet and reduced his intake of sweets and candies.
Ghostface Killah Favorite Things
- Food – Fried Fish Halibut
- Musicians – All Soul artists from the 70s
- New School Rappers – Drake Graham, Uncle Murder, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, Rich Homie Quan, ScHool Boy Q, Young Thug, Kendrick Lamar, Meek Mill, ASAP Mob, A$AP Rocky, and Troy Ave
- Recorded Album – Wizard of Poetry and Supreme Clientele
Source – Hip Hop Wired, Reddit
Ghostface Killah Facts
- The rapper had a rough childhood as he was raised in a small apartment in Stapleton projects. The family was poverty-stricken.
- In his teens, Ghostface Killah often got on the wrong side of the law. He was first arrested at the age of 15.
- He took his screen name Ghostface Killah from the villain character Ghost Face Killer from the 1979 action movie, Mystery of Chessboxing (also known as Ninja Checkmate).
- Ghostface Killah was Wu-Tang founder RZA‘s roommate.
- In the initial days after joining the Wu-Tang Clan, he had a bad reputation and was often drunk. He developed an affection for coke sniffing and was known as fearless brawler.
- He was a guest star in Wu-Tang Clan member Raekwon‘s first solo album, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx in 1995.
- In 2001, Ghostface Killah formed his group titled Theodore Unit. The members included Trife da God, Shawn Wigs, Sun God, and Cappadonna.
- The About.com editors named him ‘one of the most imaginative storytellers of our time’ and included him in the Top 50 MCs of Our Time (1987-2007) list.
- In 2003, a character was dedicated to the rapper in the video game, Def Jam: Vendetta.
- Ghostface Killah was included in MTV’s The Greatest MCs of All Time list in 2006.
- In November 2007, he released his book, The World According to Pretty Toney, which talked about his rise to a superstar rapper.
- He did a small cameo role in the superhero movie, Iron Man in 2008. However, his scene was removed from the movie’s final cut.
- Jack Urbont sued him for copyright violations for the unauthorized use of 1960’s Iron Man theme song in July 2011. Killah was granted summary judgment as the court stated that Marvel Entertainment owned the rights to the song.
- In August 2011, he filed a lawsuit against Universal Records, claiming that they owed him unpaid royalties.
- Killah started a not for profit organization Making Diabetes Ghost in 2011 with the aim of providing treatment and support to people inflicted with diabetes.
- In 2011, the rapper was featured in Josh Osho’s first single titled Redemption Days.
- He founded the record label Starks Enterprises.
- Visit his official merchandise website @ gfkliving.com.
- Follow the rapper on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and MySpace.