|Inspectah Deck Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 1970|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Inspectah Deck is an American rapper, actor, and producer who’s known as one of the members of the famous groups Wu-Tang Clan and Czarface. His popularity came into view due to his critically acclaimed ways of intricate lyricism on many of his group’s most detailed songs. In the latter journey of his career as a musician, he has later transitioned as a producer in his own accord and co-managing tracks and releases for his fellow Wu rappers. Although he has only shown his true self and has never sugar-coated his unnoticeable image in the group, Deck managed to keep his position as one of the most featured members on some of his group’s albums. In his career, he is remembered as someone who has given justice to various singles like C.R.E.A.M, Protect Ya Neck, and Da Mystery of Chessboxin by providing strongly acclaimed verses for each track.
Jason Richard Hunter
New York City, New York, United States
Rapper, Producer, Actor
He self-manages himself.
- Urban Icon
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Round Face
- Thick Lips
- Snub Nose
Inspectah Deck Facts
- His father died when he was only 6 years old.
- He always talks about the Park Hill Projects in Clifton, Staten Island, where he grew up. There, he went to the same school with future fellow rappers and artists, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, and Remedy.
- He was supposed to be featured on Got My Mind Made Up by 2Pac for his album called All Eyes on Me alongside Lady of Rage, but this never pushed through due to Shakur’s request.
- An album with 7L & Esoteric for Czarface called Every Hero Needs a Villain was released in June 2015 and in 2016, another album for Czaface called A Fistful of Peril was also released.
- Deck’s debut album titled Uncontrolled Substance was initially set for a 1997 release. However, due to a flood that took place in RZA’s basement studio which damaged over one hundred beats, it went through some delays for several days. In September 1999, the album was officially released and featured more of his own production. Not too long after releasing the album, he returned to the Wu-Tang fold for the albums The W and Iron Flag.
- In 2003, his 2nd studio album called The Movement was released and in 2006, another one called The Resident Patient was released which served as a prequel to The Movement.
- In 2007, the rapper collaborated with the Wu-Tang Clan to work on the group’s album 8 Diagrams.
- On March 23, 2010, he released his third studio album Manifesto featuring guest appearances from fellow rappers Raekwon, Cormega, Termanology, Planet Asia, Cappadonna, Kurupt, and M.O.P’s Billy Danze.
- He has been working on Czarface and The Rebellion since early 2010. Moreover, he has strongly shown interest in working with various Wu-Tang members and other artists like Snoop Dogg, E-40, Nas, and Jadakiss.
- The Marvel Entertainment asked Deck and his group Czarface to record a track for the Black Panther web-series. This came after he released 2 albums for Czarface in 2015 and 2016.
Featured Image by Coup d’Oreille / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0