|Denzel Curry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Denzel Curry is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. He started rapping while still in 6th grade and worked on his first mixtape titled King Remembered Underground Tape 1991–1995 in 2011. Curry’s first mixtape inspired by underground Florida rapper SpaceGhostPurrp was featured on Purpp’s social media, which led him to join Purrp’s hip-hop collective, Raider Klan. Following his exit from Raider Klan in 2013, he debuted his full-length album Nostalgic 64 with guest appearances from Lil Ugly Mane, Mike G, JK the Reaper, Nell, Robb Bank$, Stephen A. Clark, Yung Simmie, and many others.
Denzel Rae Don Curry
Aquarius’Killa, Zeltron 6, Billion, Denny Cascade, Zel
Carol City, Florida, United States
He went to Miami’s Design and Architecture High School for 2 years. After he was expelled, he then attended the Miami Carol City Senior High School where he worked on Nostalgic 64 while attending class.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Siblings – Treon Johnson (Brother) (d. March 4, 2014)
He self-manages himself.
Hip hop, trap, hardcore hip hop, industrial hip hop, rap metal, trap metal
Loma Vista, C9, L&E
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Bahamian descent.
- Thick Lips
- Thick Eyebrows
- Bearded Jaw
Denzel Curry Favorite Things
- Song – This Life from his album Imperial
Denzel Curry Facts
- In an interview, Curry revealed that he was molested by a man back when he was a child.
- In June 2016, he was featured on a cover as one of the XXL‘s 2016’s Freshmen Class.
- His first double EP titled 32 Zel/Planet Shrooms with its viral single Ultimate that was released on June 9, 2015, made the rounds and amassed more than 100 million streams on Spotify and earned more than 30 million views on YouTube.
- On February 14, 2019, he performed a cover of Rage Against The Machine’s Bulls On Parade on the Australian radio station Triple J as part of Like A Version.
- Since his debut, Curry has released an array of mixtapes, albums, and song tracks including King of the Mischievous South Vol. 1 Underground Tape 1996, Strictly for my R.V.I.D.X.R.S, Imperial, Ta13oo, Sumo, Percs, Clout Cobain, and Speedboat. During the release of his single Speedboat, he made the announcement of his next album Zuu, which was released on May 31, 2019.
- On July 15, 2019, he made his first TV show appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon wherein he performed a medley of “Ricky” and “Wish” from his album Zuu. At the time, he also revealed that he had cut his hair.
- He attended the same high school as Trayvon Martin. Though they weren’t close, they had mutual friends and Curry also stated that Martin was a fan of his music.
- Given his parents’ love for music, Curry grew up listening to songs of Funkadelics, OutKast, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Isaac Hayes, and Parliament.
- In the early years of his career, one of his supporters was the famous rapper Earl Sweatshirt. After the release of his 2nd mixtape, Sweatshirt gave Curry a shoutout on Twitter, which fueled his career and helped him gain a following on the West Coast.
- His brother Treon Johnson died of sudden cardiac arrest due to injuries from being tasered and pepper-sprayed by the police authorities.
Featured Image by friedoxygen / Flickr / CC BY-2.0