|Becki Newton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 4, 1978|
Becki Newton is an American actress who rose to prominence with her roles as Amanda Tanen in Ugly Betty (2006–2010) and Quinn Garvey in How I Met Your Mother (2012-2013).
Rebecca Sara Newton
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
She studied at the University of Pennsylvania, graduating with a B.A. in European history.
- Father – Fannie née Paschell Chase (Violinist)
- Mother – Jennifer Newton (Award-winning Artist)
- Siblings – Matt Newton (Older Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Stephanie Chase (Maternal Aunt) (Classical Violinist), Bruce Chase (Maternal Grandfather) (Composer, Arranger)
She is represented by –
- Management 360
- United Talent Agency
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Chris Diamantopoulos (2004-Present) – Newton tied the knot with Canadian actor Chris Diamantopoulos on May 12, 2005. They have a son (b. November 2010) and a daughter (b. 2014). Their 2nd daughter was born in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and Czech descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’ and ‘light brown’.
- Pretty looks
- Charming smile
- Mole on the left side of the neck
She has endorsed the following brands –
- Winterfresh Gum
- Old Spice
- Olive Garden restaurant
Becki Newton Favorite Things
- Stand-Up Comedians – Ricky Gervais, Russell Brand
- TV Shows – Absolutely Fabulous
- Movie – Dirty Dancing
- Hobby – Salsa dancing
- Prides Herself On – Being low-maintenance
- An Actress’s Best Perk – Having access to the most expensive clothing and enjoying the limelight on the red carpet
Becki Newton Facts
- She has stated that while growing up she used to stitch her own dresses, cut her hair herself, and had an awkward pudding bowl hair cut. She looked a sight but had immense self-confidence and never gave heed to what others might be thinking.
- Becki began performing in local productions and summer stock theater when she was 13 years old. Later, immediately after completing her graduation, she moved to New York City to pursue Broadway.
- The first job she landed after shifting to New York City was that of a waitress at the Times Square Brewery.
- She can speak Spanish, German, and Greek.
- She has stated that after playing the role of Amanda, people have bestowed all the negative attributes of the character upon her, while in real life she is quite the opposite being a warm and accommodating person. However, once while at a store, a cashier was being nasty to her, she did feel like doing an Amanda and yelling at him to better dress better but she completely failed to do so.
- Newton has revealed that she has gadget-phobia, her husband being in charge of all phone, email, and texting jobs at home, so much so, he even has to switch on the television and air conditioning, so nervous and clueless she is when it comes to technology.
- Although she has enjoyed playing a s*x symbol, she has never felt so off-screen and has been a simple, modest girl at home.
Featured Image by Mingle MediaTV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0