|Jennifer Ehle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1969|
|Spouse||Michael Scott Ryan|
Jennifer Ehle is an American actress known for playing roles in various popular movies such as The King’s Speech (2010), Zero Dark Thirty (2012), Fifty Shades of Grey (2015), A Quiet Passion (2016). She was featured in the CBS telefilm The Russell Girl in 2008. She has won many awards for her superior acting skills during her film career. She has more than 6,000 followers on her Instagram account.
Jennifer Anne Ehle
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Jennifer went to the Interlochen Arts Academy in Michigan. Then she attended two drama schools, namely, North Carolina School of the Arts and the Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
- Father – John Ehle (Author)
- Mother – Rosemary Harris (Actress)
She is represented by –
- Sally Long-Innes, Talent Agent, Independent Talent Group, London, England, UK
- Danie Streisand and Sarah Clossey, Talent Agents, United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
- Mark Christian Subias, Talent Agent Literary, United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Toby Stephens (1991) – The Camomile Lawn costars, Jennifer and Toby Stephens, dated in 1991.
- Colin Firth (1994-1995) – Jennifer Ehle and actor Colin Firth met while filming Pride and Prejudice in 1994 and soon started dating. They were also seen together in the film The King’s Speech in 2010.
- Michael Scott Ryan (2001-Present) – Jennifer married writer Michael Scott Ryan on November 29, 2001. The couple has 2 children together viz. a son, George, and a daughter, Talulah.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Romanian, and German ancestry.
Dark Blonde (Natural)
She prefers to dye her hair in different colors like Auburn and Brown.
- Prominent smile
- Beautiful hazel eyes
- Heavy jawline
Jennifer has appeared in Vauxhall Astra TV commercial.
Best Known For
Playing roles in various popular movies such as The King’s Speech (2010), Zero Dark Thirty (2012), Fifty Shades of Grey (2015), A Quiet Passion (2016) and Little Men (2016)
Jennifer made her theatrical film debut as Cynthia Powell in drama music film Backbeat in 1994.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Calypso in the drama romance war mini-series The Camomile Lawn in 1992.
Jennifer Ehle Facts
- Jennifer’s last name is pronounced “EE-lee”.
- She won the Ian Charleson Award for Tartuffe, a theatrical comedy, in 1991.
- She acted in the film Fifty Shades of Grey just because she wanted to work with director Sam Taylor-Johnson in 2015.
- In 2011, Ehle requested to the Game of Thrones producers to release her from the contract, so that she could spend time with her family.
- She had already filmed the scenes for the pilot of Game of Thrones (2011) as the character ‘Catelyn Stark’. After she left the series due to family complications, the directors of the show had to re-film all her scenes with Northern Irish actress Michelle Fairley.
- Ehle got the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play for The Coast of Utopia in 2007.
- In 2000, she got the Theatre World Award for Best Actress for the play The Real Thing.
- Jennifer has also won the BAFTA TV Award for Best Actress for her role as Elizabeth Bennet in the 1995 BBC miniseries Pride and Prejudice.
- In 1973 Broadway revival of A Streetcar Named Desire, she played the role of a toddler while her mother played the role of Blanche DuBois.
- Ehle was featured in the CBS telefilm The Russell Girl in 2008.
Featured Image by Jennifer Ehle / Instagram