|Michael Bennet Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1964|
Michael Bennet is an American businessman, lawyer, and politician who became the senior United States Senator from Colorado in 2009 as well as is known for being one of the candidates for the Democratic Nomination for President in the 2020 election.
Michael Farrand Bennet
New Delhi, India
Congress Park, Denver, Colorado, United States
Michael Bennet studied at St. Albans School, an independent college preparatory day and boarding school located in Washington, D.C., and then received his Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college in Middletown, Connecticut, in 1987. During his time at the university, he was also a member of Beta Theta Pi.
Later, Michael Bennet got his J.D. degree from Yale Law School where he also served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Yale Law Journal.
Businessman, Lawyer, Politician
- Father – Douglas J. Bennet (Political Official, College President, Served as an aide to Chester Bowles who was the former U.S. ambassador to India, Former Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs, Former Assistant Secretary of State for Legislative Affairs)
- Mother – Susanne Christine (née Klejman)
- Siblings – James Bennet (Younger Brother) (Journalist, Writer), Holly (Sister)
- Others – Douglas Joseph Bennet (Paternal Grandfather), Phoebe Benedict (Paternal Grandmother), John /Jan Jacob Klejman (Maternal Grandfather), Helena /Halina Kljeman (Maternal Grandmother), Sarah Jessup (Sister-In-Law)
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Bennet has dated –
- Susan Daggett (1997-Present) – He married Earthjustice Legal Defense Fund attorney Susan Diane Daggett on October 26, 1997, in Marianna, Arkansas and they parent 3 daughters.
Race / Ethnicity
Michael Bennet has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his mother’s side and is of English, Irish, and German descent on his father’s side.
He was raised in a household that practiced both Jewish and Christian traditions.
Michael Bennet Facts
- His mother is a Holocaust survivor and both his parents survived imprisonment in the Warsaw Ghetto, the largest of all the Jewish ghettos in German-occupied Europe during World War II.
- Michael Bennet has been a supporter of the LGBTQ+ community and is an original co-sponsor of the Equality Act.
- He has appeared on shows such as The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Morning Joe, and Late Night with Seth Meyers.
- He has dyslexia which is a learning disorder.
- Michael was diagnosed with prostate cancer and underwent surgery in 2019 that was “completely successful”.
- The 44th president of the United States, Barack Obama, has been one of his supporters and he once described Michael Bennet as one of the “gifted Democratic politicians”.
- He has also gained a decent fan base on social media with more than 120k followers on Facebook, more than 50k followers on Twitter, and more than 15k followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by US Senate / U.S. Federal Government / Public Domain