|Shkodran Mustafi Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1992|
While at Hamburger SV’s academy, Shkodran Mustafi was considered as one of the finest German defensive prospects. However, his career stalled after he decided to move to Everton. During his 3-year stay at the club, he failed to make a single appearance in the league. His only appearance at the club came in a Europa League match against minnows BATE Borisov and even in that match, he played only for the last 15 minutes. He then resurrected his career with a free transfer to Sampdoria and further underlined his credentials of being a fine defender during his 2-year stay at La Liga club, Valencia CF.
Bad Hersfeld, Hesse, Germany
London, England, United Kingdom
In 2006, Shkodran Mustafi joined the youth academy of the German club, Hamburger SV.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Kujtim Mustafi
- Mother – Fatime Mustafi
- Siblings – Adrian Mustafi (Brother)
Shkodran Mustafi is represented by his father Kujtim Mustafi.
43, 30 – Everton FC
8 – UC Sampdoria
5 – Valencia CF
20 – Arsenal FC
21, 2 – Germany National Team
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shkodran Mustafi has dated –
- Vjosa Kaba (2016-Present) – In July 2016, Mustafi got married to Vjosa Kaba in a romantic wedding ceremony held in Gostivar, Macedonia. The couple had been going out for quite some time before they decided to take their relationship to the next level. In July 2017, it was revealed that Kaba had given birth to a baby girl.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Albanian ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Well groomed beard
Shkodran Mustafi has signed a personal endorsement deal with the sportswear giant, Nike. He is required to wear Nike footwear for all his professional as well as international matches.
Best Known For
- Being an integral member of the German national team playing squad
- Having played for the Spanish club for 3 seasons during which he made 81 competitive appearances
First Soccer Match
In May 2012, he made his debut for the Italian club Sampdoria in the Italian Serie B against Varese. His side lost the match by 1-3.
In September 2013, Mustafi made his first appearance for Valencia CF in a match against Cordoba. Valencia went on to win the match by 3-0.
In September 2016, he made his debut for Arsenal in a Premier League match against Southampton at Emirates Stadium.
In May 2014, he made his international debut for the German national team in a friendly match against Poland, which ended in a goalless draw.
- Aerial Duels
- Reading of the game
- Defensive positioning
First Web Show
In 2018, Shkodran Mustafi made his first web show appearance in the documentary sports series, All or Nothing: Manchester City.
Shkodran Mustafi Favorite Things
- The Toughest Player He Has Faced – Lionel Messi
Source – Dream Team FC
Shkodran Mustafi Facts
- When he started his soccer career, he used to play as a striker.
- Apart from English and his native German, Shkodran can also speak Albanian, Spanish, and Italian.
- Before he decided to move to Everton, he was heavily pursued by Manchester City and Newcastle United. However, he decided to join the youth setup of the Merseyside club.
- After he had showdown talks with Everton manager, David Moyes, to demand more playing time, the club decided to release him from his contract.
- In January 2012, he decided to join Sampdoria as a free agent. He played for Sampdoria for 2 and a half years and managed to build a solid platform to launch his professional career.
- In November 2013, he scored his first professional goal as he helped Sampdoria win by 1-0 against Atlanta.
- In August 2014, the Spanish club Valencia CF paid Sampdoria a rumored transfer fee of €8 million to acquire Mustafi.
- In October 2014, he scored his first goal for Valencia as he opened the scoring in his side’s 3-1 win over Elche.
- Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, decided to pay £35 million to Valencia for Mustafi in August 2016. Wenger believed that Mustafi’s arrival would have him shore up the leaky defense.
- Before he whole-heartedly pledged his allegiance to Germany, he was heavily courted by the Albanian Football Association. The German coach Joachim Löw‘s decision to call him up in the early months of 2014 helped secure his international allegiance to Germany.
- His participation from the 2014 World Cup was unfortunately cut short in the ‘Round of 16’ match against Algeria as he had to be substituted in the 70th minute because of a thigh injury. It was later revealed that he had torn his fiber muscle.
- At the UEFA Euro 2016, Shkodran scored the first goal of his side’s campaign as he headed in a cross from Toni Kroos to open the scoring in their 2-0 victory over Ukraine.
- In September 2018, he was caught up in a controversy after he decided to make an Albanian Eagle sign after having scored Arsenal’s first goal in their 3-2 win over Cardiff City. It was in clear violation of FIFA and English FA policies’, which prohibited making political statements during a match.
- Visit his official website @ shkodran-mustafi.com.
- Follow Shkodran Mustafi on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Shkodran Mustafi / Instagram