|Toby Stephens Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1969|
Toby Stephens is an actor known for portraying various important roles in popular TV series and films like Die Another Day, All Things to All Men, Black Sails, and Lost in Space. He is also a theatre actor and has appeared in theatre productions like Unfinished Business, Britannicus, and The Royal Family. For his superior acting skills, he has received various awards like the Theatre World Award for portraying Hugo/Frederick in Ring Round the Moon. Toby has a mild social media fan base with more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Fitzrovia, London, England, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Toby completed his education at Aldro and Seaford College and later completed his training at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
- Father – Sir Robert Stephens (Actor)
- Mother – Dame Maggie Smith (Actress)
- Siblings – Chris Larkin (Actor) (Older Brother)
- Others – Beverley Cross (Step Father) (Playwright)
Toby Stephens is represented by United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Toby Stephens has dated –
- Anna-Louise Plowman (2001-Present) – New Zealand native and actress Anna-Louise Plowman met Toby in the drama school. However, the two never connected until they were called for a voice over audition. The two instantly clicked and began dating and decided to tie the knot on September 15, 2001, in London. They have 3 children together – 2 daughters named Tallulah Stephens (b. May 2009) and Kura Stephens (b. September 2010) and a son named Eli Alistair Stephens (b. May 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
Blue with a hint of green
- He has a moon tattoo on his arm.
- Blue-green eyes
Toby hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
He has not spoken about his religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
- Essaying the villainous character of Gustav Graves in the famous James Bond film, Die Another Day for which he won various accolades.
- Being the son of famous actress Dame Maggie Smith and actor Sir Robert Stephens.
Toby Stephens made his theatrical film debut in the romantic drama film Orlando as Othello, in 1992.
First TV Show
In 1992, Toby Stephens made his television show debut as Oliver in the TV mini-series The Camomile Lawn.
For his role in the sitcom Black Sails, Toby underwent rigorous training to ensure that he had a rugged look. He trained under the guidance of James White of Gym Jones. He followed intermittent fasting, and his diet primarily consisted of meat, eggs, and vegetables.
His trainer focused on utilizing body fat, and his workouts were high intensity based. The cross body and boot camp based workout helped him to build muscle and lose fat in 8 weeks.
Toby Stephens Favorite Things
- City – New York
- Walk – The Humpback Trail on New Zealand’s South Island
- Hotel – The Cipriani in Venice
- Place In The British Isles – Scotland
Source – The Independent
Toby Stephens Facts
- He is fond of the sci-fi series, Star Trek.
- His parents separated when Toby was 4 years old.
- Although he was born in London, he spent most of his childhood with his mother in Canada.
- He has revealed that he could not form a bond with his biological father and in fact, called his stepfather ‘dad.’
- His father was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
- He is extremely close to his mother.
- He used to suffer from alcohol addiction and managed to kick the habit entirely on his own.
- Follow Toby Stephens on Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0