|Jinder Mahal Quick Info
|6 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|July 19, 1986
Jinder Mahal is a Canadian professional wrestler who is best known for his stint with the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.) which he had joined in 2010, and where he had made his debut on the company’s main roster in 2011. He had formed a stable there called 3MB with fellow wrestlers Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre. However, he and Drew had been released from the company in 2014. Jinder had returned to WWE in 2016 with renewed vigor and dramatically better fitness which had helped him win the WWE Championship from Randy Orton in April 2017. He had, thus, become the 50th WWE Champion and the first of Indian descent. He had held the title for 6 months and had later won the WWE United States Championship in 2018 and the WWE 24/7 Championship twice in 2019.
Yuvraj Singh Dhesi
Jinder Mahal, Hardbody Mahal, The Modern Day Maharaja, The Enlightened One, The Man of Peace, The Man Who Comes in Peace, The New American Dream, Tiger Raj Singh
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida, United States
Jinder, after his high school graduation, had joined the University of Calgary, a public research university in his hometown of Calgary. He had graduated from there with a business degree in communications and culture.
- Others – Gama Singh (Uncle) (Semi-Retired Professional Wrestler), Raj Singh (Cousin) (Professional Wrestler)
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Sports a thick beard
- Has a cut mark on his nose
Jinder Mahal Facts
- He had started his professional wrestling career at the Martial Arts Fitness Center in his hometown of Calgary. As Raj Dhesi, he had made his debut at the Premier Martial Arts Wrestling (PMW). He had later participated in a revived Stampede Wrestling promotion.
- As Tiger Raj Singh, he had won multiple tag team championships in both Stampede Wrestling and Prairie Wrestling Alliance (PWA). In PWA, he was the PWA Heavyweight Champion from 2008 until January 2010.
- He had then tried out for WWE‘s developmental promotion Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW). In February 2010, he had signed up a developmental contract with FCW, under the ring name Jinder Mahal, and had wrestled there for a year.
- Owing to his roots and his Canadian upbringing, he is fluent in English, Hindi, and Punjabi.
- In 2017, Canadian politician Graham Sucha had tabled 3 documents before the legislative assembly to congratulate him for his triumph at the WWE Championship.
- In 2018, he was ranked at number 14 in the PWI 500, an annual list of the 500 best professional wrestlers in the world, published by Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazine.
- As Jinder Mahal, he was included as a playable character in the video games WWE ’13, WWE 2K14, WWE 2K18, WWE 2K19, and WWE 2K20.
- He is good friends with Scottish professional wrestler Drew McIntyre and was a groomsman at his wedding.
- During the 2019 Canadian federal election, he had endorsed Canadian-Sikh lawyer and politician Jagmeet Singh for the post of the country’s Prime Minister.
Featured Image by Jinder Mahal / Instagram