|Drew McIntyre Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1985|
Drew McIntyre is a Scottish professional wrestler who shot to fame after winning the Intercontinental and Tag Team Championships in WWE. He also performed with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), becoming the winner of both the TNA World Heavyweight and Impact Grand Championships. Drew garnered a lot of attention when he competed with Heath Slater‘s 3MB from 2012 to 2014. He has also wrestled several times on the independent scene and has compiled numerous titles including the ICW World Heavyweight, Evolve, NXT, and the Raw Tag Team Championships.
Andrew McLean Galloway IV
The Captain, The Celtic Colossus, The Chosen One, The Great American Nightmare, The New Phenom, Thee, The Sinister Scotsman, The Voice of the People, The Scottish Psychopath, The Scottish Terminator, Drew McIntyre
Ayr, Ayrshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
Tampa, Florida, United States
He attended the Prestwick Academy. After that, he went to Glasgow Caledonian University, attaining a master’s degree in criminology.
- Mother – Angela Galloway (Died on November 3, 2012)
He is represented by WWE Performance Center.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
120 kg or 264.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Taryn Terrell (2009-2011) – He got engaged to American professional wrestler Taryn Terrell in July 2009. He tied the knot with her in May 2010. On May 24, 2011, Terrell made it public that she and Drew were filing for divorce.
- Kaitlyn Frohnapfel (2016-Present) – He got married to Kaitlyn Frohnapfel on December 10, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Long hair
Drew McIntyre Favorite Things
- His Mantra – Don’t play a wrestler, be a wrestler
- Football Team – Scottish team Rangers FC
Source – Wikipedia, What Culture
Drew McIntyre Facts
- He participated for several seasons at the Prestwick Boys club, normally in defensive positions and only later on focused his sporting activities on wrestling.
- Drew started training for a professional wrestling career when he was 15 years old and his parents said they would support him on the condition that he would give the same amount of attention to his studies, which he readily agreed to do. He turned professional in 2001.
- Drew has disclosed that the toughest period of his life was when his mother passed away. He has disclosed that she still is the most important person in his life and that he has felt her presence all the time. He came to know later that she had suffered from a rare condition that killed the balance part of her brain and had fought with the disease for almost 30 years, managing to still bring up a family and live a good life.
- Drew has been referred to as “The Chosen One” and there goes a story behind this name for him. On September 25, 2009, SmackDown hosted Vince McMahon’s well-known speech where Vince had mentioned that he had personally signed McIntyre to the WWE as McIntyre reminded Vince of himself. Vince had predicted that he would definitely be a World heavyweight champion in the future. McIntyre’s initial tenure with the WWE may not have been that glorious, however, his release from the company and final return resulted in him to get polished to such a standard that a decade later he became fit to face any combat whatsoever.
Featured Image by Mike Kalasnik / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0