|Young Buck Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1981|
Young Buck is an American rapper and songwriter who was a member of the former hip hop group G-Unit, whose discography includes albums, mixtapes, and extended plays like Beg for Mercy, T·O·S (Terminate on Sight), The Beauty of Independence, The Beast Is G-Unit, Automatic Gunfire, and Bulletproof. As a solo artist, he has released albums and songs like Straight Outta Cashville, Buck the World, Let Me In (ft. 50 Cent), I Know You Want Me (ft. Jazze Pha), Too Rich, and Narcos. Moreover, he has also been a part of films and shows like Sonicsgate, Loyalty & Respect, Wild ‘n Out, No Warning, and others.
David Darnell Brown
Buck Luda, Buck Marley, Young Buck, Hoodphame, Bonafide Hustler
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Young Buck went to the Dalewood Middle School, Hume-Fogg High School, Hillwood High School, John Overton High School, and White’s Creek School in Nashville.
He dropped out of school at the age of 16 to focus on his music career. (via Nashville Scene)
- Father – James Brown
- Mother – Audrey Horn (Nurse)
Hip hop, Crunk
G-Unit, Interscope, Ca$hville Records, Caroline, Real Talk, E1, Cash Money, UTP, John Galt
His net worth had been $100 Thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Young Buck has dated –
- Tanee McCall (2002-Present) – In April 2002, he married a personality named, Tanee McCall. Together, they have 1 daughter, Jayla (b. 2003).
- Karrine Steffans (2003) – Young Buck had a steamy affair with author Karrine Steffans in 2003. They met through Karrine’s friend, who was dating Buck’s cousin. They were introduced at a party and within a couple of hours, he had taken her to his hotel room. In a later interview, Steffans revealed that it was more of a sex thing and they were together for five months. She praised his skills in the bed and called him her best ever bedroom experience.
- Monica (2004) – Young Buck dated briefly with singer Monica in January 2004. He had reportedly called up Monica’s label, J RECORDS, and had left a message for her. She called him back and soon, they were an item. She even cast him as the leading man in her music video for U Should’ve Known Better from the album, After the Storm.
- Trina (2005) – In January 2005, he hooked up with rapper, songwriter, television personality, and actor Trina.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
Being a member of G-Unit and their album, Beg for Mercy
Young Buck released his first studio album, Straight Outta Cashville in August 2004, which reached #3 on Billboard 200. It recorded a sales figure of 2 million album copies worldwide.
Young Buck first appeared in Loyalty and Respect in 2006 in the role of Smoke.
First TV Show
In 2003, the rapper guest appeared on the comedy talk show Howard Stern as himself.
Young Buck Facts
- In July 2016, Young Buck was arrested by the police authorities in Tennessee for threatening to burn down his ex-girlfriend’s apartment.
- In August 2010, after the IRS conducted a raid on his house for nonpayment of taxes, he submitted an application for the Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- In a home invasion incident in 2000, Brown was shot multiple times in Nashville. The assailants were looking for narcotics.
- In March 2012, he was the target of the drive-by shooting as assailants in white Chevrolet started firing at his SUV in Nashville. The bullets hit his vehicle 11 times, but he escaped unhurt.
- In 2005, he was arrested by the authorities after he stabbed a man in a bid to protect Dr. Dre at the 2004 Vibe Awards. He didn’t contest after being charged with an assault with the intent to cause bodily injury.
- He released his 2nd studio album titled Buck the World on March 27, 2007, via Cashville Records, G-Unit Records, and Interscope Records. The album features guest appearances from artists like 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Chester Bennington, Bun B, T.I., Trick Daddy, and others.
- His album Buck the World peaked at number #1 on both the US Top Rap Albums (Billboard) chart as well as the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and was ranked at number #3 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In August 2012, he began his 18-month prison sentence at the Yazoo City Low Security Federal Prison in Southern Mississippi after being found guilty on a weapon charge.
- In his early teens, he used to sell marijuana and crack cocaine on Buchanan Street in North Nashville.
- He got his moniker after a senior hustler asked him what a 13-year-old ‘young buck’ was doing selling dope on the streets.
- He got his first break at the age of 16 when rapper Birdman, co-founder of Cash Money Records, heard him at a local studio in Nashville.
- Visit his official website @ theyoungbuck.com.