|Archie Kao Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1969|
Archie Kao is an American actor who is best known for playing Kai Chen/Blue Galaxy Ranger in the TV series Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy (1999), Archie Johnson in the forensics crime drama TV series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2001-2012), and Detective Sheldon Jin in the police procedural drama TV series Chicago P.D. (2014). He has also played supporting and cameo roles in several American and Chinese movies throughout his career. In 2011, he wrote, directed, and produced a short film called Initiation.
Archie David Kao
Washington, D.C., United States
He splits his time between Los Angeles, California, United States, and Beijing, China.
After his high school graduation, Archie joined George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia, and earned a degree in Speech Communication in 1991. He was a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity at the university and was elected the President of the university’s Student government.
- Siblings – Sarah Kao (Younger Sister), Sabrina Kao (Younger Sister)
- Others – Chen Yiqin (Mother-in-Law) (Salesperson), Zhou Tianyu (Father-in-Law) (Projectionist). He has 7 half-sisters.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Archie has dated –
- Zhou Xun (2014–Present) – Archie began dating Chinese actress and singer Zhou Xun in May 2014. The couple got married on July 16, 2014, after a charity event in Hangzhou, China.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Archie has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Burger King (2002)
- Best Buy (2003)
- McDonald’s (2003)
Archie Kao Favorite Things
- Movie – Dead Poets Society (1989)
- Actors – Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, Tom Cruise
- Actress – Julia Roberts
Source – IMDb
Archie Kao Facts
- Although he was born in Washington, D.C., Archie spent much of his childhood in the suburbs of Alexandria, Virginia, and completed his schooling and higher education in that state.
- After graduating from George Mason University, he had made plans to attend a law school and eventually join politics. However, fate had something else in store for him and he eventually joined the entertainment industry.
- He has portrayed/voiced the characters of Thug/Monk/Bum in the 2005 video game NARC and Kenji in the 2006 video game Need for Speed: Carbon.
- In 2006, he was named in People magazine’s list of ‘Hottest Bachelors’.
- When he played Kai Chen/Blue Galaxy Ranger in Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy (1999), he was nearing 30 years of age and was one of the oldest actors to play the character of a power ranger.
- In October 2014, he became the first male personality to have been featured on the cover of Vogue China.
Featured Image by Archie Kao / Instagram