|Wayne Brady Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Wayne Brady is an American actor, singer, comedian, producer, and TV personality who gained global recognition for his work on the improv comedy TV series Whose Line Is It Anyway? (1998–2006, 2013–Present). He has hosted numerous variety TV shows such as The Wayne Brady Show (2001–2004), Don’t Forget the Lyrics! (2007-2009), and Let’s Make a Deal (2009-Present). He is also well recognized for portraying the recurring character of James Stinson in the popular sitcom How I Met Your Mother (2006-2014). Apart from his extensive work on TV, he has acted in theatre musicals such as Chicago (2004), Rent (2010), Kinky Boots (2015-2016), and Hamilton (2017). His first studio album titled A Long Time Coming (2008) had peaked at number 2 on the US Heat charts.
Wayne Alphonso Brady
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Wayne had graduated from Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Florida in 1989. In 1990, he had joined the University of Miami.
Actor, Singer, Comedian, Producer, TV Personality
- Father – He had served in the military.
- Mother – Linda Marie Newton (Healthcare Worker)
- Siblings – Kim Brady (Sister)
- Others – Valerie Petersen (Paternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Creative Artists Agency, Booking Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Contemporary R&B, Children’s Music, R&B
- Peak Records/Concord Music
- Walt Disney Records
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wayne has dated –
- Diana Lasso (1993–1995) – Wayne got married to Diana Lasso on December 31, 1993. The couple was officially divorced on September 21, 1995.
- Mandie Taketa (1999–2007) – Wayne got married to dancer Mandie Taketa on April 3, 1999. They have a daughter together named Maile Masako Brady (b. February 3, 2003). The couple parted ways on April 5, 2006, and filed for divorce on July 2, 2007.
- Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas (2013-2014) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of West Indian descent.
- Bald Headed
- Deadpan humor
- Often sports a beard or a goatee
- Affable smile
Wayne has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Church’s Chicken (1999)
- Bud Light (1999)
- McDonald’s (2002)
- Avaya (2002)
- International Delight (2003)
- Fifth/Third Equity FlexLine (2005)
- Wii Party U (2013)
- Publishers Clearing House (2018)
Wayne Brady Facts
- Born in Columbus, Georgia, Wayne was primarily raised in Orlando, Florida by his grandmother and aunt. At the age of 16, he began performing in community theater and at the Orlando-based improv comedy troupe SAK Comedy Lab.
- For his performances in Whose Line Is It Anyway?, he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in the category of ‘Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program’ for 3 years (2001-2003) in succession, winning the award in 2003.
- He has won the Daytime Emmy Award in the category of ‘Outstanding Talk Show Host’ for The Wayne Brady Show in both 2003 and 2004; and ‘Outstanding Game Show Host’ for Let’s Make a Deal in 2018.
- He voiced the character of Sparx in the 2008 action-adventure video game titled The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon.
- In his childhood, he used to struggle with stuttering and consequently developed an anxiety disorder after being bullied by other children. He has also had episodic battles with clinical depression and had suffered from a mental breakdown on his 42nd birthday.
Featured Image by Wayne Brady / Instagram