|Arin Hanson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1987|
Arin Hanson is an American Internet personality, cartoonist, producer, voice actor, singer, songwriter, animator, comedian, and rapper, best known as the co-host of the YouTube gaming channel “GameGrumps” alongside Daniel Avidan, which has amassed more than 5.5 million subscribers and more than 5 billion views. Arin and Daniel also made 2/3 of the musical comedy and rap band Starbomb founded in 2013 and have also released studio albums such as Starbomb (2013), Player Select (2014), and The TryForce (2019). He has also appeared as a guest singer for Ninja S*x Party, an American comedy rock duo consisting of his friend Daniel and the keyboardist Brian Wecht. The most notable tracks he sang on were were Dinosaur Laser Fight (2011), Party of Three (2015), 6969 (2015), Eating Food in the Shower (2017), Release the Kraken (2018), and Danny Don’t You Know (2018). Before he came to prominence as the Internet personality, Arin was best known as a voice actor in TV series such as Rick and Morty (2015) and Mighty Magiswords (2016-2018). He also did voice acting for web series such as asdfmovie (2011), Did You Know Gaming? (2012-2016), Cyanide & Happiness Shorts (2013-2015), and Bee and PuppyCat (2016).
He has also borrowed his voice to characters in video games such as Minigore (2009), Dragon Age: Inquisition (2014), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2016), Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator (2017), and Monster Prom (2018). Arin also started working as an animator in 2001 for the website Newgrounds.com, which is where he got his nickname “Egoraptor.” After MTV saw one of his animations named Metal Gear Awesome, which he released in February 2006 on Newgrounds.com, they approached him to produce short animations for their video gaming show, The G-Hole. Around that time, in March 2006, while YouTube was still in its beginning stage, Arin created a channel under his nickname, which has garnered a fanbase of more than 3 million subscribers and more than 500 million views. On it, he created video game parodies, did video games testing, analyzed game design, created original animations and his own cartoons and anime series, and uploaded live-action videos and 2D sketches. Arin has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 600k followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 250k followers on Facebook.
Arin Joseph Hanson
Margate, Florida, United States
Glendale, California, United States
Arin attended Wellington High School in Wellington, Florida, United States, but decided to drop out during his junior year in order to pursue his voice acting career. He got a GED a bit later, which he claimed “was the easiest test he ever took.”
Internet Personality, Cartoonist, Animator, Producer, Comedian, Rapper, Voice Actor, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Lloyd Hanson (Musician)
- Mother – Maurette Hanson (Non-Profit Organization Founder)
- Siblings – Nathan Hanson (Older Brother) (Aviator)
Arin Hanson is represented by his own tour management company named Real Good Touring (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Musical Comedy, Rap, Hip Hop
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arin Hanson has dated –
- Suzanne “Suzy” Berhow (2002-Present) – He met his future wife Suzy at a convention, and began dating her in 2002. She is a model and has also created her own gaming channel titled “KittyKatGaming” where she plays under the pseudonym “Mortem3r” on which Arin has also been featured. He proposed to her in 2011, and after 2 years of engagement, on October 25, 2013, the two got married at a ceremony at the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles County, California, United States.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Long middle-part haircut
- Towering height
Best Known For
- His musical comedy and rap albums as part of the trio Starbomb – Starbomb (2013), Player Select (2014), and The TryForce (2019)
- Borrowing his voice to characters in TV series such as Rick and Morty (2015), and Mighty Magiswords (2016-2018), as well as web series Game Grumps, Did You Know Gaming? (2012-2016), Cyanide & Happiness Shorts (2013-2015), and Bee and PuppyCat (2016)
- His voice acting skills in video games such as Minigore (2009), Death Rally (2011), Detective Grimoire (2014), Dragon Age: Inquisition (2014), and Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator (2017)
- Having a fanbase online with more than 3 million subscribers on his primary YouTube channel, as well as more than 5.5 million subscribers on his secondary YouTube channel, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, more than 600k followers on Instagram, and more than 250k followers on Facebook
Arin, as part of the musical comedy and rap band Starbomb, released his debut studio album titled Starbomb on December 17, 2013. It consisted of 13 tracks, titled Intro, Crasher-Vania, The Book of Nook, Sonic’s Best Pal, Regretroid, Kirby’s Adventures in Reamland, The Simple Plot of Final Fantasy 7, I Choose You to Die, Luigi’s Ballad, It’s Dangerous to Go Alone, Mega Marital Problems, Rap Battle: Ryu vs. Ken, and Outro.
First Web Show
Arin Hanson made his first web show appearance as Vitalia in an episode titled Malkovich’s Gaming Game Show of the comedy series JonTron in October 2011.
As a voice actor, he made his first web show appearance as Himself/Solid Snake/Roy Campbell in an episode titled Metal Gear Awesome of the short comedy series Awesome in 2006.
First TV Show
Arin Hanson made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode of the gaming series Gamer Tonight in 2008.
As a voice actor, he made his first TV show appearance as Cyborg Photographer in an episode titled The Wedding Squancher of the animated sci-fi series Rick and Morty in 2015.
Arin Hanson Favorite Things
- Game – Mega Man X
- Movies – The Breakfast Club (1985), Speed Racer (2008)
- Pokémon – Scizor
- Band – Jamiroquai
- Character (In Super Smash Bros. Brawl) – Pikachu
- Personal Quote – “You can’t open up the story of my life and just go to page 738 and think you know me!”
Arin Hanson Facts
- His mom is the founder of the Healing Horse Therapy Center, a non-profit organization which held numerous charity fundraisers.
- Arin and his fanbase gave his dad, Lloyd Hanson, the nickname “Paparaptor.” His dad has a website of his own that he named Old Farts With Guitars.
- Arin’s older brother is almost exactly 3 years older than him, as his birthday is January 5, 1984.
- His signature has a small drawing of the character Snake from Metal Gear Awesome, his animation based on the video game Metal Gear Solid.
- Arin has a figurine and toy collection, primarily of Skylanders and Transformers.
- He found the well-known game The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time tedious and frustrating and has received criticism for his opinion in the past.
- Arin picks female characters in video games whenever he can. He claimed it was more pleasant to stare at a female for hours while he’s gaming than it would be at a man.
- On September 18, 2004, he uploaded his 1st animation, titled Final Fantasy 7 Flash Spoof to the website DeviantArt.com.
- He won the right to do the voice role of Bruce Banner in the video game Marvel: Ultimate Alliance in 2006. The company behind it, Activision, even flew him to Los Angeles from Miami just so he could record in their studio. His voice was fully recorded but then replaced by another voice actor’s work without an explanation. Luckily, Arin’s original voice but was brought back and used for the game’s re-release in 2016.
- Arin once reviewed a game while eating a Ghost Pepper whole, which was deemed the hottest chili pepper in the world in 2007.
- He moved from his parents’ house in West Palm Beach, Florida, United States, to California, United States in July 2009 in order to pursue his voice acting endeavors.
- Arin, alongside his friend Jon Jafari, also known as “JonTron”, created the Game Grumps web series in July 2012, which became one of the most-viewed gaming series on YouTube. He played the role of “Grump,” while Jon played the character of “Not-So-Grump.”
- After Jon Jafari quit the team in 2013, Arin brought Daniel Avidan, and the audience welcomed the replacement positively. Their long-time friend and editor, Barry Kramer, also quit in 2013.
- He got a scar on his upper lip at the Magfest 2013 event after he fell against a toilet seat while suffering from a Norovirus infection. To cover it, he grew a thick mustache.
- Arin was commissioned to develop catchy web commercials that involved animation and sketch comedy for brands such as Gunnar Optiks, Loot Crate, Crunchyroll, Seriously Games, and Anki Drive.
- He was credited as a producer of the Game Grumps spin-off web show, titled Steam Train, which in addition to his co-star Daniel, also featured the voice actor Ross O’Donovan.
- Arin won a reward of $50k on the web show Dance Showdown in 2013.
- He ended up in 5th place at the 2015 Nintendo World Championship.
- Arin was featured as a guest on the 6th episode of the web series Scare PewDiePie in March 2016, alongside Matthew Patrick from the YouTube channel “The Game Theorists.”
- Visit his official website @ egoraptor.net.
Featured Image by Arin Hanson / Instagram