Nancy Ann Kerrigan
Stoneham, Massachusetts, United States
Nancy Kerrigan went to the Stoneham High School in her hometown.
She then got enrolled at the Emmanuel College in Boston to pursue business studies.
Former figure skater
- Father – Daniel Kerrigan (Welder)
- Mother – Brenda Kerrigan (Housewife)
- Siblings – Mark Kerrigan (Brother) (Ice Hockey Player), Michael Kerrigan (Older Brother) (Ice Hockey Player)
Nancy Kerrigan is represented by Jerry Solomon of StarGames LLC.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nancy Kerrigan has dated –
- Jerry Solomon (1995-Present) – Nancy Kerrigan got married to her manager Jerry Solomon in September 1995 in a ceremony held at the Church of the Covenant in Boston. When they started going out, Jerry was still reportedly married to his second wife. After her marriage, she became a stepmother to Jerry’s son Clay. The couple has three children, sons Mathew (b. 1996) and Brian (b. 2005), and daughter Nicole (b. 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish, German and English ancestry.
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
During her competitive career, Nancy had lucrative endorsement deals with
- Reebok (1992-1994)
- Campbell’s Soup
- Musselman’s Apple Sauce
- Walt Disney
- Seiko (1993)
- Old Navy clothing stores (2012)
Best Known For
- Being a successful figure skater, having won a silver medal at the 1994 Olympics.
- Being a very stylish and fashionable competitor during her sporting career.
Nancy worked in a theatrical film for the first time in 2004 by lending her voice for an animated movie, The Easter Egg Adventure.
In 2007, she made her first theatrical film appearance in the comedy movie Blades of Glory for her role as an Attractive Official.
First TV Show
In 1994, Nancy guest appeared in an episode of musical comedy series Saturday Night Live.
Despite having retired from the sport for years now, she still relies on figure skating to keep herself fit and to keep advance of age at bay. She hits the rink for skating sessions 3 times a week for about 45 minutes each. However, her ability in the rink has been waning with passing years and so has been the time, she spends skating.
Apart from ice skating, she also regularly exercises in the gym but spends less time due to her busy family life.
Having struggled with body issues while growing up, she has become more comfortable with herself and follows a healthy and balanced diet.
Nancy Kerrigan Favorite Things
- Vacation Spot – Sun Valley
- Travel Destinations She Wants to Visit – African Safari
- Travel Destination – Animal Kingdom at Disney World
- Guilty Pleasure While Traveling – Massages and spa visits
- Traveling Accessory – Chapstick
- Food – Local foods with fish as an ingredient
Source – Boston Globe
Nancy Kerrigan Facts
- Nancy Kerrigan has established The Nancy Kerrigan Foundation, which aims to support vision impaired and raise awareness about the condition. She started the foundation because of her mother, who is legally blind.
- In 2011, she was added to the joint witness list along with her mother to testify in the court after his brother Mark was charged with man slaughtering her father. He was acquitted of the charge but found guilty of assault and battery.
- In 2004, Nancy was honored with an inclusion in the United States Figure Skating Hall of Fame.
- For her achievements in figure skating, she was felicitated in 2008 at the annual benefit gala held at the Ice Theatre of New York.
- In 1993, People magazine included her on the list of “50 Most Beautiful People.”
- In 2003, she took up the role of national spokeswoman for nonprofit organization “Fight for Sight”, which provides funding for medical research in ophthalmology and vision-related problems.
- She was embroiled in a controversy during a parade at Walt Disney World after the 1994 Olympics as her negative comments to Mickey Mouse were picked up by the microphone.
- In January 1994, she was hit on the right knee by an assailant after a practice session. It was later revealed that assault was planned by Jeff Gillooly, the ex-husband of her rival Tonya Harding.
- She took up figure skating at the age of 6 but, didn’t take private lessons until the age of 8.
- Follow Nancy on Twitter.