Kyrie Andrew Irving
Uncle Drew, Windy City Assassin
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
United States, and Australian
Kyrie first enrolled himself in Montclair Kimberley Academy in Montclair, New Jersey, where he played during his freshman and sophomore year. However, because he wanted to experience a bigger challenge playing basketball, he left Montclair and continued his education at St. Patrick High School in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
After graduating from high school, Irving attended Duke University. He didn’t graduate and after only 1 year, left Duke, so that he can take part in the 2011 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Drederick Irving (Former basketball player that played for Boston University and Bulleen Boomers in Australia)
- Mother – Elizabeth Irving
- Siblings – Asia Irving (Older Sister), London Irving (Younger Sister)
- Others – Rod Strickland (Godfather) (Former NBA player ), Shetellia Irving (Stepmother)
Kyrie Irving is signed to 24/7 Sports Management
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
193 lbs or 88 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kyrie Irving dated –
- Ashley Bishop – Kyrie dated Ashley Bishop in the past.
- Callie Rivers – Kyrie spent some period together with Doc Rivers’s daughter Callie Rivers.
- Andrea Wilson (2013) – In 2013, Kyrie had an encounter with model Andrea Wilson.
- Hannah Stocking (2014) – In August 2014, Kyrie and model and internet personality, Hannah Stocking were found on a date which sparked dating RUMORs.
- Natalia Garibotto – Kyrie dated a Brazilian entrepreneur, Natalia Garibotto for some time in the past.
- Kehlani (2015-2016) – From November 2015 to March 2016, Kyrie dated singer-songwriter Kehlani.
- Chantel Jeffries (2016) – In June 2016, Kyrie was spotted with American model Chantel Jeffries hanging out in the Bay Area after the first game of NBA final.
- Amber Rose (2018)
Race / Ethnicity
12 (US) or 11.5 (UK) or 46 (EU)
Kyrie has signed endorsement contracts with Pepsi Max, Foot Locker, Skullcandy, Nike and EA Sports.
You may want to check some of his best commercials –
- Foot Locker
- Pepsi – Uncle Drew
Best Known For
Kyrie is well known for his tremendous on-court skills such as ball-handling, variety of finishes and high IQ, and that’s why, he is considered to be one of the top NBA point guards, who has ever played the game of basketball.
Kyrie was NBA Rookie of the Year in 2012 and an NBA All-Star Game MVP in 2014. Maybe the biggest achievement in Kyrie’s career by now is the gold medal and the MVP award of the tournament that he won in the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup in Spain with the National Basketball Team of United States.
- High IQ
- Great ball handling and finishing skills
- Floor leader
- Fast and quick
- Great shooting ability, both midrange and three-point
- Weak defense
- Not so strong, lacking strength
- Should be more team oriented player
First TV Show
In 2011, Kyrie appeared in the weekly ESPN talk show Rome Is Burning as himself – Alone with Rome / Duke point guard in just a single episode, broadcast on May 26, 2011.
Irving is probably the most skilled point guard alongside Stephen Curry in the last few years. His versatility on the court is what makes everyone wonder, how someone can be so skillful with the ball. His shooting ability is so smooth, which speaks for the fact that he won the NBA three point shootout in 2013. He made the biggest improvement, when he trained with one of the best basketball skill trainers in the world, Micah Lancaster and his company I’m Possible Training.
Kyrie Irving Favorite Things
- Album of 2013 – John Legend – Love in the Future
- Meal – Mac and cheese
- Basketball movie – He Got Game (1998)
- Places to go out – Melt, XO, Barley House
- Actor – Denzel Washington
Source – Men’sHealth.com, ESPN.go.com, NBA.com
Kyrie Irving Facts
- Kyrie was raised in West Orange, New Jersey.
- He was the first pick in the 2011 NBA Draft and was selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- His mother Elizabeth died, when he was four. After her death, Kyrie was raised by his father and his aunts.
- At a young age, he made a promise that he will play in the NBA.
- Kyrie played for the Road Runners in the AAU league.
- In his first season at Duke, Irving was nominated for the NCAA Freshman of the Year award.
- In his last game for Duke against Arizona in the 2010-2011 season NCAA Tournament, he scored 28 points.
- Kyrie has a passion for reading.
- Irving enjoys singing and dancing.
- He knows how to play baritone sax.
- In May 2011, he promised his dad that he will finish his education at Duke in the next five years.