Melanie Jayne Chisholm
Melanie C, Mel C, Sporty Spice
Whiston, Merseyside, England
Melanie completed her schooling from Fairfield High School.
She attended Doreen Bird College of Performing Arts, Sidcup, Southeast London for a diploma course in dance, singing, drama, and musical theatre (Dropped just before completing her three-year course).
She then went to Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing, London to get qualified as a teacher in tap and modern theatre dance.
Singer, songwriter, actress, and businesswoman
Rock, pop, pop-rock
Virgin, Red Girl
- Father – Alan Chisholm
- Mother – Joan Chisholm O’Neil
- Siblings – Paul O’Neil (Younger Half Brother), Stuart (Older Step Brother), Liam (Older Step Brother), Emma (Younger Step Sister), Jad (Younger Step-Brother), Declan (Younger Step Brother)
- Others – Dennis O’Neil (Step-Father), Carol (Step Mother)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
130 pounds or 59 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie dated –
- Damon Albarn (1997) – Melanie met the British musician, singer and songwriter Damon Albarn during the Europe Music Awards in 1997. They dated around that time for a couple of months.
- Robbie Williams (1997) – In 1997, Melanie and Robbie Williams had not more than a month-long affair during the time, when both of them were at the peak of their careers.
- Anthony Kiedis (1998) – After her stint with Robbie Williams, Melanie dated American musician and the lyricist for the band “Red Hot Chilli Peppers” Anthony Kiedis in 1998. He also wrote a song for her called “Emit Remmus.”
- Jason McAteer (1998) – Melanie has always been a Liverpool Football club fan and supporter. She met the soccer star, The Republic of Ireland midfielder Jason McAteer in early 1998. But most of the time the duo left it off as to be a RUMOR.
- Jason J. Brown (2000) – Chisholm then dated the former member and lead singer of the English band “Boy and Five” in the year 2000.
- Thomas Starr (2001-2012) – The Spice Girl diva met the property developer Thomas Starr on a holiday in Barbados through a mutual friend. They commenced dating in 2001. Melanie gave birth to her daughter (her first and only child) with Thomas on November 22, 2009, named, Scarlet at the Portland Hospital in London.
- Matt Cardle (2013) – The reports of Melanie and the English pop rock recording artist Matt Cardle came out in mid 2013, while they kept closed tongued about their months’ old romance. According to an insider, they have split now.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her 12 tattoos
- Long hair
- Golden tooth
34-25-34 in or 86-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
TV commercial for Pepsi (1997).
She has also appeared in Polaroid commercial in the past.
She is signed with 45 Management / Red Girls Records, Ltd.
Born in a Protestant family, Melanie has not been vocal about her religious beliefs in public.
Best Known For
She is one of the five members of the band “Spice Girls.” She is well known for her singles like “When You’re Gone and “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother (This single is by The Hollies).”
Her first single was in collaboration with Brian Adams, the smashing hit song “When You’re Gone” in 1998.
Melanie released her first solo album Northern Star in 1999.
Chisholm made her big screen debut in Spiceworld The Movie (1997) as herself along with her other bandmates.
First TV Show
She appeared in adult sketch show Bo’ Selecta! in the episode titled “Melanie C” (2003), playing various roles.
She has fabulously toned six-pack abs and biceps. Having completed a triathlon, she used to have six sessions a week for preparation. Regularly, she does exercises four times in a week. She does running, cycling, swimming, and yoga. Melanie has converted her diet in 80/20 diet principle as on weekends, she doesn’t grab her diet unlike on weekdays.
In February 2015, Melanie shared her workout clip on Instagram.
Melanie Chisholm Favorite Things
- Singers – Madonna and Stevie Wonder
- Song From Spice Girls – What Do You Think You Are
- Song (Other) – Song 2 by Blur
- Video By Spice Girls – Say You’ll Be There
- Video (Other) – Vogue by Madonna
- Artist Of All-Time – Stevie Wonder
- Football Team – Liverpool Reds
- Footballer – Steve McManaman
- TV Show – Brookside
- Movie – Toy Story and Pulp Fiction
- Color – Red
- Food – Chinese
- Perfume – Angel
Source – Tripod.com, IMDb
Melanie Chisholm Facts
- She is a qualified teacher in tap and modern theatre and dance.
- She has a country home in Catbrook, Monmouthshire worth one million pounds.
- She is an avid supporter of Liverpool Football Club.
- Melanie has finished London Triathlon twice.
- She has won 4 Brit awards (1997) with Spice Girls.
- Melanie Chisholm is an artist with the second most number one (#1) singles in the UK and is the only female to reach at number one spot as a part of a quartet (four members or music instruments), quintet ( the group containing five members), and a duo and solo.
- While in Spice Girls, she used to wear a tracksuit and had a ponytail sported the attitude of a tomboy, which made her famously known as Sporty Spice.
- She got the nomination in the category of Best Female during Brit Awards in 2000 at Earl’s Court.
- Melanie has sung with actor Bruce Willis at Planet Hollywood in 1998.
- She used to practice judo before taking up singing as a career and still practices it.
- Her half-brother Paul O’Neil is a British Touring Car driver.
- Visit her official website @ www.melaniec.net.
- Connect with Melanie on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, and MySpace.