The Wanted is a boy band comprising of 5 members that shot to fame in the early 2010s. The boys ruled the airwaves with songs like Glad You Came, All Time Low, Heart Vacancy, Lose My Mind, Lightning, I Found You, Chasing the Sun, Show Me Love (America), etc. Armed with appealing looks and catchy songs, the band has earned a dedicated fanbase with sales of around 2 million singles in the United Kingdom alone.
- Max George – Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
- Siva Kaneswaran – Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
- Jay McGuiness – Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
- Tom Parker – Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
- Nathan Sykes – Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
- Geffen Records
- Island Records
- Mercury Records
- Their debut eponymous album The Wanted featured singles like All Time Low, Heart Vacancy, and Lose My Mind (all of which entered the UK Singles Chart) upon its release in 2010.
- The group’s 2nd studio album Battleground (2011) was certified ‘platinum’ in the United Kingdom by the BPI.
- Word of Mouth (2013) was the band’s 3rd album which received mixed reviews and peaked at #9 at the UK Albums Chart.
The Wanted Facts
- In the year 2011, their song Gold Forever was selected as the official Comic Relief single.
- In 2013, the band members featured in a reality TV series called The Wanted Life on E! which documented the making of their 3rd studio album and 1st world tour.
- In January 2014, the band announced their decision to go on an indefinite hiatus and focus on their individual careers. Nevertheless, the members reunited in September 2021.
- Band member Tom Parker was diagnosed with brain tumor (stage 4 glioblastoma) in 2020.
- The group won the ‘Favorite Breakout Artist’ award at the People’s Choice Awards in 2013.
- The track Satellite from the album Word of Mouth was co-written by Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic fame.
- Siva Kaneswaran is the only Irish member in the band. All the other members originate from Britain.
- In 2013, the boys released the song, Walks Like Rihanna as a dedication to the international R&B singer, Rihanna.
Featured Image by Daniel Åhs Karlsson / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0