|Jay McGuiness Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1990|
Jay McGuiness is a British singer, songwriter, dancer, and television personality best known as a vocalist with the boy band The Wanted, which released albums, extended plays, and tracks like Battleground, The Wanted, Most Wanted: The Greatest Hits, The Wanted: The EP, Glad You Came, Word of Mouth, Chasing the Sun, All Time Low, Show Me Love (America), We Own the Night, Lose My Mind, Gold Forever, Lightning, Glow in the Dark, and Heart Vacancy. Moreover, Jay won the 13th edition of BBC’s dance contest Strictly Come Dancing, along with his partner Aliona Vilani.
Newark, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
Jay McGuiness went to the All Saints RC School in Mansfield.
To hone his performing skills, he got enrolled at the Charlotte Hamilton School of Dance in Newark at the age of 12.
He later took classes at the Midlands Academy of Dance and Drama near Nottingham.
Singer, songwriter, television personality, and dancer
- Father – Worked as an electrician.
- Mother – Maureen McGuiness (Played Soccer for Newark Town Ladies)
- Siblings – Luke McGuiness (Older Brother), Thomas McGuiness (Twin Brother), Sean McGuiness (Younger Brother), Eleanor McGuiness (Younger Sister)
Jay McGuiness has been represented by –
- Crown Talent and Media Group
- Gavin Barker Associates, Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Pop, Dance-pop, Eurodance
Geffen, Island, and Mercury Records
His net worth had been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay McGuiness has dated –
- Aliona Vilani (2015) – Towards the last months of 2015, Jay was RUMORed to be going out with dancer Aliona Vilani, his dance partner from Strictly Come Dancing. Their affectionate behavior that included holding hands on several outings led to these rumors. The pictures of them appearing to kiss in the street further gave wind to these rumors. Plus, there was a case of her berating him for having exchanged flirty messages with Polish dancer, Ola Jordan. These rumors created a mild controversy as she was already married at that time. Jay maintained that they were just friends and she claimed that she was still happily married.
Note – In December 2014, McGuiness nearly got married to an unnamed woman while on holiday in Las Vegas. In his tweets, he revealed that he had got drunk and had stumbled into a chapel in a hastily bought suit, whereas his supposed bride had bought a dress. He even posted a picture of them (with a cartoon face placed on his companion’s face) outside the chapel.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish ancestry on his father’s side. He also has English and Irish roots.
- Curly Hair
- Slight Trimmed Bead
- Blue Eyes
As a part of boyband The Wanted, Jay McGuiness has appeared in a Pepsi commercial.
Best Known For
- Being a part of the popular music band, The Wanted, which had a number of singles in the Top 10 music charts of various countries
- His wild and drunk antics, which have served to cement his legend as a pop star.
In October 2010, his music band released their debut studio album, The Wanted which peaked at #4 on UK Music charts.
First TV Show
In 2010, Jay performed his songs on the talk show Loose Women in 2 episodes.
Jay McGuiness Favorite Things
- Shower Song – Somewhere Beyond The Sea (By Robbie Williams)
- Thing To Do on a Day Off – Watching movies, reading and going to the pub
- Dance Type – Morris dancing/Hip-hop/Jamaican dancehall fusion
- Music Band – Coldplay
- English TV Show – Misfits
Source – BBC, TheFactSite.com
Jay McGuiness Facts
- At the age of 19, he managed to beat competition from thousands of contestants across England and Ireland to become a part of the 5-member boyband, The Wanted.
- He is an animal lover and has a pet lizard.
- While growing up, he had a keen interest in reading and arts.
- He is vegetarian and has described himself as “not a militant vegetarian by any means”.
- In 2011, the famous animal rights group, PETA declared him the Sexiest Male Vegetarian of the Year.
- McGuiness is a big fan of body art and his catalog of ink art included a tattoo of a bird on his right biceps, a nautical compass on his right forearm, and a giant lizard on his forearm. He got them removed from his body in 2016 for Big, The Musical.
- In March 2014, he was involved in a brawl at a nightclub in Essex. He was accused of having stolen drinks from the nearby table, which led to a scuffle, leaving Jay with a bloodied mouth.
- He found out about auditions for the music group, The Wanted by googling ‘auditions.’ The other search result apart from the music group was for an audition for a circus.
- In January 2014, his music band, The Wanted, announced their decision to take a break, after which he moved to Los Angeles.
- While growing up, he was bullied by his classmates and friends for his interest in ballet dancing.
- In August 2015, he partnered with Aliona Vilani to participate in the dance competition, Strictly Come Dancing. About four months later, he had managed to become a series winner and had bagged Glitterball Trophy.
- In September 2021, The Wanted band performed together after a long time which was at Tom’s Inside My Head Stand Up 2 Cancer benefit concert.