|Louis Walsh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1952|
Louis Walsh is an Irish music manager and television personality who has managed several artists like Johnny Logan, Jedward, Boyzone, and Westlife. He has also appeared as a judge on TV shows like Popstars, The X Factor, You’re a Star, and Ireland’s Got Talent. His other TV credits include shows like 8 Out of 10 Cats, Anonymous, Through the Keyhole, Deal or No Deal, Celebrity Catchphrase, Tipping Point: Lucky Stars, and many more. During the course of his career, Louis has been honored with numerous awards such as The Irish Post’s “Outstanding Contribution to Entertainment” award.
Michael Louis Vincent Walsh
Kiltimagh, Mayo, Ireland
Entertainment manager, television personality, talent show judge
- Siblings – He has one older sibling and seven younger siblings. Overall, he has six brothers and two sisters.
Louis Walsh is represented by the Louis Walsh Management.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Louis Walsh has kept his private life firmly under wraps. During the course of his career in the public spotlight, he has remained tight-lipped to the questions about his private life and has often told the press that his private life is personal and that no one has the right to interfere in it.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and pepper
Due to his secretive nature, his sexuality is often disputed. And, he has refused to confirm whether the public speculation about him being gay is right or not.
Louis Walsh has done endorsement work for the following brands
- Cadbury Dairy Milk (2015)
Best Known For
- Having served as the manager for some of the most popular music bands such as Boyzone, Westlife, and Girls Aloud.
- Having appeared on the reality show, The X Factor, as a judge since its inception in 2004. He only missed out on the 2015 season.
Louis Walsh made his theatrical debut playing himself in the 2004 comedy movie Spin the Bottle.
First TV Show
In November 2000, he made his first TV show appearance in the music talk show, Kelly, as himself.
Louis Walsh is remarkably fit despite his advancing age. He has claimed that he can easily run up the stairs of his three-story house in Dublin. However, he is not a fan of working out in the gym as he doesn’t like the look of the gym. Instead, he keeps himself fit by following a healthy and active lifestyle. He loves to go out for walks.
When it comes to food, he has never done any kind of dieting and certainly doesn’t count calories when he is eating. Instead, he focuses on eating healthy vegetables such as carrots and peas. He also goes for yogurt and fruit salads.
Louis Walsh Favorite Things
- Vices – Cadbury’s chocolate (big bars and Magnum Classics) and coffee
- Music Artists or Bands – Oasis, Elton John, Celine Dion, Bette Midler and Los Campesinos!
- Ideal Dinner Guests – Sharon Osbourne, Simon Cowell, and Joan Rivers
- Greatest Fear – Getting sick, old, or contracting cancer or Alzheimer’s disease
Source – Daily Mail, Digital Spy, The Guardian
Louis Walsh Facts
- He caused a slight controversy after he told the media that Cheryl Cole had taken time off from The X Factor show. However, in reality, she was down with malaria. He later had to retract his statement.
- By the age of 15, he started working as a music manager. He started his career by managing a local heavy metal band, Time Machine.
- He got his big breakthrough while he was employed in a record label in Ipswich. He discovered popular singer Johnny Logan, who would go on to win the Eurovision Song Contest and release chart-topping singles under Walsh’s guidance.
- Before he made it big as a music manager, he used to work by serving pints at a bar called the Blues Inn in Claremorris.
- He has revealed in his interviews that his biggest regret in life was splitting from the successful pop girl band, Girls Aloud.
- He once had famous actor Colin Farrell auditioning for him while he was the manager of the pop band, Boyzone. However, Walsh wasn’t too impressed with his vocal skills.
- Even while he was growing up, he knew he wanted to get in the music industry. He didn’t have a definite job or position in mind but he didn’t want a regular job and just wanted to be a part of the music industry.
- In June 2011, the British tabloid The Sun printed a story in which a man accused Walsh of sexually assaulting him. His accuser was handed a prison sentence for making false accusations.
- Walsh also slapped a lawsuit against The Sun for printing baseless malicious articles and the Irish courts awarded him damages to the tune of €500,000 and €180,000.
- He created a controversy when, after discovering Stephen Gately’s homosexuality, he claimed that had he known about his sexuality, he would have thought twice about picking him for Boyzone. He claimed that back then it wasn’t cool to have a gay guy in the band.
- He is not on social media.
Featured Image by Andymiah / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0