|Simon Cowell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1959|
Simon Cowell is an English television personality, entrepreneur, record executive, businessman, philanthropist, judge, and entertainment manager who has appeared as a judge on the British television talent competition series Pop Idol, The X Factor UK, and Britain’s Got Talent as well as the American television talent competition series American Idol, The X Factor US, and America’s Got Talent. Known for his blunt and controversial comments, he has worked with several popular artists and groups like Little Mix, James Arthur, Labrinth, Leona Lewis, Fifth Harmony, Il Divo, Olly Murs, Noah Cyrus, Cher Lloyd, Fleur East, Susan Boyle, Westlife, One Direction, and CNCO. He was honored with the BAFTA Special Award for his “outstanding contribution to the entertainment industry and for his development of new talent” at the 2010 British Academy Television Awards and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the television category in 2018.
Simon Phillip Cowell
Nasty Simon, Mr. Nasty, Judge Dread, Sarcastic Simon
Lambeth, London, England, United Kingdom
Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Simon Cowell went to the Radlett Preparatory School in Hertfordshire. After which, he moved to Dover College and left it after taking GCE O levels, in which he managed to pass English Language and Literature.
Then, he attended Windsor Technical College to get a GCE in sociology.
A&R Representative, Reality Television Judge, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, Record Executive, Businessman, Entertainment Manager
- Father – Eric Selig Phillip Cowell (Estate Agent Developer and Music Industry Executive)
- Mother – Julie Brett Josie Dalglish (Ballet Dancer and Socialite)
- Siblings – Nicholas Cowell (Younger Brother), John Cowell (Step-Brother), Tony Cowell (Older Step Brother), Michael Cowell (Step-Brother), June Cowell (Older Step-Sister)
- Others – Joseph Cowell (Paternal Grandfather), Esther Malinsky (Paternal Grandmother), Robert James Dalglish (Maternal Grandfather), Winifred Banks (Maternal Grandmother)
Simon Cowell has been represented by –
- WME Agency
- Syco Entertainment Ltd.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Simon Cowell has dated –
- Paula Hamilton – Paula Hamilton has revealed in an interview that she was dating Simon Cowell in the ’70s. Simon was Paula’s first love and they had known each other from the age of 12. She even lost her virginity to Simon at the age of 16. However, their relationship quickly went downhill from then onwards.
- Jackie St Clair – Simon Cowell went out with former Miss Nude UK in the early 1980s. She was seen at many events with Simon and even accompanied him for holidays. She along with Sinitta was rumored to be a part of Cowell’s personal harem.
- Tara Miller (1969) – He had a short-termed romance with British personality Tara Miller in the year 1969.
- Debbie Spears (1977-1979) – He was romantically involved with Debbie Spears between 1977 and 1979.
- Sinitta (1984) – Simon had a highly publicized affair with Sinitta in 1984. She left him within a year by dumping him for David Essex. However, they have remained close over the years and he had even invited her for several of his gigs on his talent shows.
- Louise Payne (1995-1998) – Simon was reported to have had an ON and OFF relationship with Page 3 celebrity Louise Payne for three years. They had met at the swanky London nightclub and Simon fell for her at the very first moment. Their relationship ended because Louise wanted to have kids.
- Alicia Douvall (2001) – Simon met Alicia Douvall at a hotel bar in 2001 and dated her for around six months. As per her interview, they were having all-night romps after their third date.
- Deborah Corrigan (2001) – He hooked up with British glamor model Deborah Corrigan in June 2001.
- Georgina Law (2002) – Simon Cowell had a six-month-long affair with lap dancer Georgina Law in 2002 after having met at the Spearmint Rhino Club where she used to work. It wasn’t a boyfriend and girlfriend thing and according to Simon, she was quite skilled in that area.
- Terri Seymour (2001-2006) – Simon’s relationship with TV Presenter Terri Seymour was his first long relationship. They dated each other for around 6 years before she dumped him in 2006. However, they have remained on friendly terms post-breakup.
- Jasmine Lennard (2006) – In 2006, reality TV contestant Jasmine Lennard and Simon dated each other for 6 months. He was still romancing Terri Seymour at that time. Hence, this relationship was kept secret.
- Dannii Minogue (2007) – Simon shacked up with Australian singer Dannii Minogue when she was working as a judge in The X Factor show. Simon was apparently smitten by her dressing style and her assets.
- Mezhgan Hussainy (2010-2011) – After dating for several months, Simon proposed to the makeup artist Hussainy in 2010. However, things turned sour after that. The only news to emerge later on about them was that Simon had bought a $5 million house for her.
- Carmen Electra (2012-2013) – From December 2012 to February 2013, Simon dated glamour model, actress, and TV personality Carmen Electra.
- Lauren Silverman (2013-Present) – Simon started dating Lauren Silverman in 2013 while she was still married to Andrew Silverman, which caused quite a stir as Andrew cited adultery in his divorce application. Within weeks of the divorce filing, it was reported that Lauren was pregnant with Simon’s child. In August 2013, the divorce was settled out of court, thus saving Simon’s embarrassment of appearing in court. Their son, Eric was born in February 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he is of Jewish descent, whereas his mother has English ancestry.
- Deep authoritative voice
- Brutal honesty
Simon Cowell has starred in commercials for Verizon Xtra Factor App, Vanilla Coke (2003), Pizza Hut (2002), etc.
He has endorsed Sony X Headphones in 2012.
Best Known For
- Working as a judge in numerous American and British talent competitions, most notably The X Factor.
- His controversial and occasionally funny comments.
His first film appearance was in the romantic comedy film Maybe Baby as a cameo (Special Thanks) in 2000.
First TV Show
Simon Cowell made his first TV show appearance in Sale of the Century in 1989 as himself (Contestant).
After his unflattering pictures were released in 2006, he has dedicated himself to a pushups workout regime. By his own admission, he performs around 500 pushups throughout the day. Mostly, he performs around 100 pushups before taking bath in the morning and the remaining 400 spread out across the day. To ensure, he doesn’t miss out on his workout while traveling or working, he carries with him disk pushup handles. If possible, he also squeezes in a gym workout in his routine as well.
Simon Cowell Favorite Things
- Movie – The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)
Source – YouTube Interview
Simon Cowell Facts
- Simon Cowell has been named in the “Hundred Most Influential People in the World” list by Time magazine on two different occasions in 2004 and 2010.
- In 2013, TV Guide placed him at the #10 spot in the list featuring “60 Nastiest Villains of All-Time”.
- Cowell has been involved with charity Together for Short Lives in the capacity of a patron. The charity works with children suffering from life-threatening or other serious ailments.
- In aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake, he produced the charity single, Everybody Hurts.
- The Daily Telegraph has placed Cowell at #6 position in the list of “Hundred Most Influential Personalities in British Culture” in the past.
- Cowell is obsessed with cleanliness and takes about three baths a day. In addition, he also likes to take around two steam sessions a day.
- His pre-show ritual comprises breathing in oxygen through a bottle.
- Simon Cowell used to work as a mail boy at the EMI Music Publishing before rising to the position of A&R representative.
- In 2014, his black Bugatti Veyron was sold for $1.25 million at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale. The collected auctioned amount was donated to a charity.
- In 2002, he founded Syco Entertainment which acts as a production company, talent agency, record label, and music publisher.
- At one point in time, he even worked as a waiter at Elton John’s London restaurant.
- In 2020, he broke his back in a bike accident. He had to undergo surgery which took 6 hours in which his bones were fused and a rod was inserted.