|Leona Lewis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1985|
Leona Lewis is a British singer, songwriter, actor, model, and activist who rose to acclaim as the winner of the 3rd series of The X Factor in 2006, winning a £1 million recording contract with Syco Music. She has released many albums, EPs, and tracks which include Spirit, Glassheart, I Am, Echo, Hurt: The EP, Bleeding Love, Footprints in the Sand, Run, Better in Time, I Got You, Happy, Trouble (ft. Childish Gambino), Fire Under My Feet, Solo Quiero (Somebody to Love) (with Cali y El Dandee and Juan Magán), Lovebird, I Will Be, Kiss Me It’s Christmas (ft. Ne-Yo), and Christmas, with Love. In addition to that, she has also been a part of shows and movies like Walking on Sunshine, This Is Your Life, The Voice UK, Queen of the Universe, Queen of Drags, The Oath, and I Can See Your Voice.
Leona Louise Lewis
Islington, London, England, United Kingdom
Leona attended Sylvia Young Theatre School, Italia Conti Academy, Ravenscourt Theatre School, and The BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in London, England.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Model, Activist, Vocal Producer
- Father – Aural Josiah “Joe” Lewis (Youth offending officer and DJ)
- Mother – Maria Lewis (Social worker and former ballet teacher)
- Siblings – Bradley (Older Half-Brother), Kyle (Younger Brother)
Leona was signed to Modest Management from 2006 to 2013.
She has also been represented by –
- Dawbell, Ltd., Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Red Light Management, Music Artist Management Company, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Pop, R&B, electronic, dance, soul
Vocals (mezzo-soprano), piano, guitar
Island Records, J Records, RCA Records, Syco Music, Def Jam
Her net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Leona Lewis has dated –
- Lou Al-Chamaa (2002-2010) – Leona knew Lou Al-Chamaa since 9 years of age. But, childhood friends started dating in 2002. They dated together for a huge 8 years and split in June 2010. Leona said she would like to marry Lou Al-Chamaa. Lou later became an A&R scout for Sony records.
- Tyrese Gibson (2008) – The American actor Tyrese Gibson was RUMORed to be dating Leona in 2008.
- Dennis Jauch (2010-Present) – In 2010, dancer and choreographer, Dennis Jauch started dating singer Leona Lewis after they met on Leona’s tour. He was a backup dancer on her tour. Dennis later became the co-founder and CEO of No Ceilings Entertainment which manages artists’ concerts, live-stage performances, social media, and other digital platforms. They have to spend time apart from each other many times due to work commitments. After having been engaged for a while, the duo got married in July 2019 in Tuscany, Italy, at Sting‘s 16th century, 865-acre, Il Palagio estate. In March 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together. On July 22, 2022, they welcomed a baby girl named Carmel Allegra.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She is of African-Guyanese descent on her father’s side, while she has Irish, Italian, and Welsh ancestry on her mother’s side.
Looks (due to mixed ethnicity)
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
The Body Shop (2013)
She has appeared in commercials for NBA, Cotton clothes, Cult Gaia clothes, etc.
Best Known For
Her appearance on The X Factor and for releasing albums such as Spirit (2007), Echo (2009), Glassheart (2012), Christmas, with Love (2013), and others.
Lewis released her first album Spirit on November 9, 2007, via Syco Music, Sony BMG, and J Records.
The album charted at #1 in the U.S., UK, Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, and Switzerland.
It was certified as 10x Platinum and sold 3,115,366 copies of the album in the UK.
Leona made her film debut in 2014 with the musical romantic comedy-drama film Walking On Sunshine for her role as Elena.
First TV Show
In 2006, she appeared in the reality singing show The X Factor as a contestant.
Later, in 2012, she returned to the same show as a judge.
In 2010, she lost weight and went from size 14 to size 10 after having a change in her diet regime. The singer went on a detox diet and ate specifically vegetables and nothing processed.
She loves food and was finding it hard to stay away from chocolates. Leona though drank lots of water at the time for weight loss.
Leona Lewis Favorite Things
- Film – Labyrinth
Source – DigitalSpy
Leona Lewis Facts
- She started songwriting at 12.
- Lewis first trained herself in opera, and then learned jazz, blues, and finally contemporary music.
- To fund her studio sessions, she has worked as a Pizza Hut waitress and as a receptionist at a solicitors’ office.
- At the age of 12, she became a vegetarian and later adopted veganism.
- Leona won Europe’s Sexiest Vegetarian award in 2009. In 2008, she won the title of PETA’s Sexiest Vegetarian.
- Leona has a Swedish Warmblood horse named Spirit.
- Leona Lewis is the first mixed-race winner of The X Factor UK.
- Her debut single was downloaded 50,000 times in only 30 minutes.
- On November 29, 2013, she released her 4th studio album Christmas, with Love via Syco Music and RCA Records. It peaked at number #13 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart and at number #37 on the US Holiday Albums (Billboard) chart. Also, the album was certified ‘Gold’ by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI).
- Lewis owns a Rottweiler named Rome.
- She was classmates with singer Katie Melua at BRIT School in London.
- In 2019, she brought to life the recurring role of Amber Hall in the crime drama streaming television series The Oath.