|Alexander Ludwig Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1992|
Alexander Ludwig is a Canadian actor, singer, voice actor, model, producer, and writer who is known for his roles like Bjorn Ironside in the History Channel historical fantasy drama series Vikings, Cato in the sci-fi action film The Hunger Games, Shane Patton in the biographical war film Lone Survivor, Dorn in the action-comedy film Bad Boys for Life, Dr. Delucchi in the action-comedy series Swerve, Braden Higgins in the comedy film Grown Ups 2, Will Stanton in the family fantasy drama film The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising, and Seth in the science fiction adventure thriller film Race to Witch Mountain.
Alexander Richard Ludwig
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended a Collingwood School beside his busy schedule in the films. After completing schooling, he enrolled himself at the University of Southern California to major in theater.
Actor, Singer, Model, Voice Actor, Producer, Writer
- Father – Harald Horst Ludwig (Businessman) (Co-Chairman of the Board for Lions Gate Entertainment Corp)
- Mother – Sharlene (née Martin) (Former actress)
- Siblings – Nicholas Ludwig (Twin Younger Brother), Natalie Ludwig (Twin Younger Sister), Sophia Ludwig (Younger Sister)
- Others – Dieter/Deiter Ludwig (Paternal Grandfather), Rosa Braeckman (Paternal Grandmother), Fred Martin (Maternal Grandfather), Marilyn Cook (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Pop / rock
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexander Ludwig has dated –
- AnnaSophia Robb (2008-2011) – Ludwig started dating his “Race to Witch Mountain” co-star AnnaSophia Robb in August 2008. The relationship went on until July 2011.
- Isabelle Fuhrman – Alexander was RUMORed to be dating the American actress, Isabelle.
- Leven Rambin (2012) – This time Alexander briefly dated “The Hunger Games” co-star Leven Rambin in 2012 from January to March.
- Nicole Marie Pedra (2012-2014) – Alexander commenced dating the Boston-based model, Nicole in August 2012. The youngsters met during the 2012 movie Grown Ups 2. They have been clicked together many a time at beaches. The couple split in July 2014.
- Nina Dobrev (2014) – 2015 horror comedy film The Final Girls co-stars Alexander Ludwig and Nina Dobrev were RUMORed to have had a fling in August 2014.
- Lindsey Vonn (2016) – In April 2016, alpine ski racer Lindsey Vonn and Alexander were an item.
- Kristy Dinsmore (2017-2018) – He was romantically involved with actress Kristy Dinsmore between 2017 and 2018.
- Lauren Dear (2019-Present) – He started dating Lauren Dear in 2019 and they announced their engagement in November 2020. In January 2021, it was revealed that the couple had eloped to get married and had tied the knot after a new year trip to Utah. In May 2022, Alexander revealed that Lauren had suffered 3rd miscarriage. In February 2023, the couple revealed that they were expecting their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Alexander Ludwig is of German and Belgian descent on his father’s side and has English, Scottish, German, and Jersey/Channel Islander roots on his mother’s side.
He wears a shoe of size 12 (US) to 13 (US) depending on the shoe brand. (via Twitter)
He has modeled for Abercrombie and Fitch in 2013.
In 2014, he endorsed Bulgari.
Best Known For
Playing the role as Cato in the 2012 movie The Hunger Games, for playing Will Stanton / Tom Stanton in the 2007 fantasy film The Seeker. He also had a lead role in the 2009 film Race to Witch Mountain as Seth.
As a Singer
Ludwig is a singer too and enjoys singing besides acting. On March 1, 2012, Alexander released his debut single “Liv It Up (Teenage Wasteland)”.
He had a cameo role in the 2000 film Air Bud World Pup. Alexander’s role is uncredited.
First TV Show
He has guest appeared on various TV shows starting from 2008.
For the 2012 movie The Hunger Games, Alexander had done a really tough workout. He specialized in army-kind of workouts. He had to do tire flipping, rope climbing, races, and other countless hours of exercise. He also worked with US Navy.
Alexander Ludwig Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Jersey Shore (2009-2012)
- Website – Facebook
- Restaurant – In-N-Out
Source – Seventeen.com
Alexander Ludwig Facts
- To enter the show business at an early age, he had to convince his parents. This is because his parents had a belief that child actors can get sucked into a life that isn’t reality.
- He likes to do surfing or skiing in his free time.
- Ludwig is a model too and has done modeling for Abercrombie and Fitch, Hot Stars on The Rise in 2013.
- His lucky number is believed to be 7 as he was born on May 7 at 7 minutes to 7, and weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces.
- On his 16th birthday, Alexander received one of the personal guitars of Dwayne Johnson, on the set of Race to Witch Mountain.
- He is lovely friends with Josh Hutcherson.
- From 2014 to 2020, he brought to life the character of Bjorn Ironside, Ragnar and Lagertha’s son, in Vikings and for this role, he was nominated for the 2015 Golden Maple Award for “Best Actor in a TV series broadcast in the U.S.”.
- He won the MTV Movie Award for Best Fight for the movie The Hunger Games, which he shared with Josh Hutcherson and Jennifer Lawrence.
- Tina Fey is his celebrity crush.
- He likes the girly movie The Notebook (2004).
- Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp are his idols.
- His dream job is to be a rock star.
- Alongside the likes of Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Vanessa Hudgens, Charles Melton, Nicky Jam, and Joe Pantoliano, he co-starred as Dorn, tech expert of AMMO, in the 2020 American action comedy film, Bad Boys for Life.
- In 2022, he was featured in the music video of Nicki Minaj‘s song, Super Freaky Girl.
178lbs? No way in hell
They forgot his middle name his Middle name is Richard
He has a great voice. Have you heard him sing? It’s good I didn’t know he sang or played guitar.
I want to give him a big bear hug.