|Brenton Thwaites Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Brenton Thwaites is an Australian actor and producer who has been cast in a variety of movies which include the likes of Maleficent, Son of a Gun, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, An Interview with God, Gods of Egypt, Charge Over You, A Violent Separation, Save Your Legs!, The Signal, Office Uprising, The Giver, Headsmen, Ride, Oculus, Ruben Guthrie, I Met a Girl, Ghosts of War, That Sugar Film, and Blue Lagoon: The Awakening. In addition to that, he is also known for his TV roles like playing Dick Grayson/Robin/Nightwing in the superhero series Titans, Luke Gallagher in the teen drama series Slide, Stu Henderson in the soap opera Home and Away, and Leigh Scarpia in the drama series Sea Patrol.
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Brenton Thwaites went to the Cairns State High School in Far North Queensland and graduated in 2006.
Then, he got enrolled at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) to study acting from where he graduated in 2010.
- Father – Peter Thwaites
- Mother – Fiona Thwaites
- Siblings – Stacey Thwaites (Sister)
- Others – Terry Middleton (Maternal Grandfather)
Brenton Thwaites has been represented by –
- Industry Entertainment Productions LLC., Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- United Management, Talent Management Company, Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brenton Thwaites has dated –
- Taylor Swift (2014) – Brenton was RUMORed to have gotten smitten by the pop star Taylor Swift in 2014. They had reportedly grown close during the shooting of the movie, The Giver, in which Swift had a minor role. The suspicions of them dating were aroused by their cozy display at the Toronto Film Festival.
- Chloe Pacey (2015-Present) – Brenton and Chloe Pacey were reported to be living as roommates, while Brenton was shooting for the Pirates movie in Australia. Eventually, they started going out. Brenton and Chloe made their first appearance as a couple at the Sydney premiere of The Heart of the Sea in November 2015. Chloe was already pregnant by then. In March 2016, Chloe gave birth to a daughter. By the end of 2016, they had reportedly gotten married.
Race / Ethnicity
Brenton Thwaites is of English descent.
- An athletic and ripped physique
- Thick eyebrows
Best Known For
- Being cast alongside Gerard Butler in the main role in the 2016 fantasy movie, Gods of Egypt
- Portraying Stu Henderson in the Australian soap opera Home and Away
Brenton Thwaites debuted with the 2010 film, Charge Over You as Sam.
First TV Show
Brenton was first seen in the Black Flights episode of the drama series Sea Patrol in 2011 in the role of Leigh Scarpia.
Along with the rest of the Gods of Egypt cast, Brenton was trained by Klinton Hoare to prepare for his role in the movie. Not only he wanted Brenton to look aesthetically pleasing, but also fit enough for the intense action scenes. In the lead-up and while shooting for the movie, Brenton was training about 4 to 5 days a week with each session stretching to about an hour.
Each of his workout sessions had him going through dynamic movement exercises, muscle-building sessions, and a specialized program to make some of his body parts more aesthetically pleasing for the movie.
Hoare believes that various workout styles such as Olympic lifting, powerlifting, and metabolic conditioning have to be incorporated into fitness regimes to get the best results. He even had Brenton get up at 3:30 in the morning for metabolic conditioning and strength sessions.
Brenton Thwaites Favorite Things
- Food – Spaghetti and meatballs
- Color – Blue
- Movie – Robin Hood: Men in Tights! (1993)
- Inspirations – Heath Ledger and Hugh Jackman
Source – Quotev.com, Celebuzz.com, Wikipedia
Brenton Thwaites Facts
- While growing up, he developed a passion for surfing and it is one of the biggest things he misses about his home back in Australia.
- Brenton is very much into outdoor activities and along with surfing, he enjoys a host of others like skateboarding, hiking, and jet skiing.
- He is very adept at bar flaring, which is a technical word for all the tricks, bartenders are often fond of performing.
- When he is not busy shooting, he likes to unwind by strumming some of his favorite tunes on his guitar.
- After spending a lot of time with his The Giver co-star Jeff Bridges, he fell in love with photography and bought an old Nikon FE. Jeff gave him his first roll of film and taught him photography.
- While growing up, he wanted to become a firefighter or a policeman but later decided to focus completely on his acting career.
- While practicing to perfect an American accent, he used to pretend he was Jim Carrey. He also practiced some of Robbie Williams’ lines.
- Alongside Johnny Depp, Javier Bardem, Geoffrey Rush, Kaya Scodelario, and Kevin McNally, he co-starred as Henry Turner (the son of Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann who vows to break his father’s curse by searching for the Trident) in the 2017 swashbuckler fantasy film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the 5th installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series. This role got him nominated for a Teen Choice Award for “Choice Action Movie Actor”.
- In 2018, he started appearing as Dick Grayson/Robin/Nightwing (the leader of the Titans and former vigilante sidekick of Batman) in the superhero action-adventure television series Titans. This role got him nominated for a Teen Choice Award in the “Choice Action TV Actor” category in 2019.
- He co-starred as Chris in the 2020 supernatural horror film Ghosts of War.