|Jason Genao Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jason Genao is an American actor who is known for playing the role of Ruben “Ruby” Martinez in the Netflix comedy coming-of-age series, On My Block. He has also appeared as Rictor in the superhero sci-fi action film, Logan, which starred Hugh Jackman as the X-Men character Wolverine. Jason Genao has also been cast in a number of other shows and movies such as Ladrones, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, The Get Down, God Friended Me, and Max Winslow and the House of Secrets. Moreover, he has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 1.3 million followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Jason Genao studied at William L. Dickinson High School, a 4-year comprehensive community public high school, located in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States.
- Siblings – David (Brother), Danny (Brother)
Jason Genao is managed by –
- Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States
- Smith Talent Group, Talent Agency, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
5 ft 1½ in or 156 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
Jason Genao is of Dominican-American descent.
- Deep set eyes
- Pointed chin
- Wide smile
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Ruben “Ruby” Martinez, a math whiz of Mexican descent, in the Netflix comedy coming-of-age television series, On My Block (from 2018). He stars alongside the likes of Sierra Capri, Brett Gray, Diego Tinoco, Jessica Marie Garcia, and Jahking Guillory.
- Having accumulated a huge social media fan base with his charming personality and acting talent as he enjoys more than 1.3 million followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter
Jason Genao made his first theatrical film appearance as Agente FBI (as Jayson Genao) in the comedy film, Ladrones, in 2015. It starred the likes of Fernando Colunga, Eduardo Yáñez, Cristina Rodlo, Jessica Lindsey, Oscar Torre, and Evelyna Rodriguez.
First TV Show
Jason Genao made his first TV show appearance as William Reeves in an episode, titled Forty-One Witnesses, of the mystery crime drama series, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, in February 2016.
First Web Show
Jason Genao made his first web show appearance as Napoleon in an episode, titled Where There Is Ruin, There Is Hope for a Treasure, of the Netflix musical drama series, The Get Down, in August 2016. It starred actors such as Justice Smith, Shameik Moore, Herizen F. Guardiola, Skylan Brooks, Tremaine Brown Jr., Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and Jimmy Smits.
Jason Genao Favorite Things
- Some Of His Favorite Movies – Into the Wild, La Vie en Rose, Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Source – Vulture
Jason Genao Facts
- Jason Genao was raised in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States.
- He realized that he wanted to become an actor at the age of 9. On one particular day, he was watching a movie while his mother was busy cleaning the house and had finished a roll of tissues which he picked up and soon started watching the movie through it. For a moment, he thought that he wanted to become a director but soon realized that his actual passions laid in the art of acting.
- While growing up, Jason Genao used to watch a lot of movies and they served as an escape route for him. That’s how he became so passionate about pursuing a career in acting.
- He has a habit in which he keeps on saying the lines while watching movies. In case he feels that the people playing the part are doing a great job, he tries to copy them. Due to this habit, whenever he goes to a theatre to watch a movie, people often get disturbed.
- His agent initially sent him to audition for the role of Cesar Diaz in the Netflix comedy series, On My Block. However, he was selected for the role of Ruben “Ruby” Martinez while the character of Cesar Diaz went to Diego Tinoco.
- Jason Genao also appeared as Rictor in the superhero sci-fi action drama film, Logan (2017), which starred the likes of Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Richard E. Grant, Boyd Holbrook, Stephen Merchant, and Dafne Keen.
- He is inspired by British actress Tilda Swinton.
- He was cast as Isaac in an episode, titled Heavenly Taco Truck, of the comedy-drama TV series, God Friended Me, in 2018.
- Follow Jason Genao on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by gnomie / Instagram