|Dafne Keen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 2005|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dafne Keen is a Spanish actor who started her career as a child artist by playing the role of Laura in the 2017 film Logan. Since then, she has been cast in many other films and shows such as Ana, The Refugees, and His Dark Materials.
Dafne María Keen Fernández
- Father – Will Keen (Film and Television Actor, Stage Artist)
- Mother – María Fernández Ache (Actor, Theatre Director, Writer)
- Siblings – She is an only child.
- Others – Charles William Lyle Keen (Paternal Grandfather), Lady Priscilla Mary Rose Curzon (Paternal Grandmother), Edward Curzon, 6th Earl Howe (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Naval Officer), Alice Priscilla Lyle Oswald (née Keen) (Paternal Aunt) (Poet), Laura Mary Catherine Beatty (née Keen) (Paternal Aunt) (Writer)
Dafne Keen has been signed with Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
40 kg or 88 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
Dafne Keen is of English, Irish, Scottish, and remote French descent on her father’s side and has Spanish roots on her mother’s side.
Dafne Keen Facts
- From 2014 to 2015, she brought to life the character of Ana “Ani” Cruz Oliver in the television drama series The Refugees.
- Co-starring alongside Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Richard E. Grant, Boyd Holbrook, and Stephen Merchant, Dafne Keen made her first theatrical film debut by appearing as Laura/X-23 (a mysterious young girl, who is “very much” like Logan as well as Logan’s biological daughter) in the 2017 superhero film Logan. The film serves as the 10th film in the X-Men film series and the 3rd and final installment in the Wolverine trilogy following X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) and The Wolverine (2013).
- Her role in Logan won her several accolades including the Golden Schmoes Award for “Best Supporting Actress of the Year”, the MTV Movie & TV Award for “Best Duo” (with Hugh Jackman), and the Empire Award for “Best Female Newcomer”. She was also nominated for the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for “Best Young Actor/Actress” and Saturn Award for “Best Performance by a Younger Actor”.
- In 2019, Dafne Keen started playing the role of Lyra Belacqua/Silvertongue (a girl who was raised at Jordan College) in the adventure mystery fantasy drama television series His Dark Materials. She has co-starred in the show along with Ruth Wilson, Anne-Marie Duff, Lucian Msamati, Gary Lewis, Lewin Lloyd, Daniel Frogson, James McAvoy, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ruta Gedmintas, Amir Wilson, Nina Sosanya, Jade Anouka, Sean Gilder, Simone Kirby, Andrew Scott, and others.
- For her performance in His Dark Materials, she was nominated for a BAFTA Cymru Award in the “Best Actress” category in 2020.
- Dafne Keen was cast in the titular role of Ana (an 11-year-old girl who is left parentless when her single mother is arrested) in the 2020 comedy-drama film Ana (released in some territories as The Guardian). Her performance received praise from critics.
- She has appeared in the music videos for the songs Let it Bloom and Todo sobra menos tú by Teo Planell.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
Who said that hispanic is a race? People from Spain are white most.