Ashford, Middlesex, England
Ruth Wilson went to Notre Dame School in Cobham, Surrey. Then, she moved to Esher College in Elmbridge borough in Surrey.
In her teens, she enrolled into University of Nottingham to study history and graduated in 2003.
To hone her acting skills, she attended and graduated from London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art in July 2005.
- Father – Nigel Wilson (Investment Banker)
- Mother – Mary Wilson (Probation Officer)
- Siblings – Toby Wilson (Older Brother), Sam Wilson (Older Brother), Matthew Wilson (Older Brother)
- Others – Alexander Wilson (Paternal Grandfather) (Novelist), Alison Wilson (Paternal Grandmother)
Troika Talent Agency
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ruth Wilson dated –
- Jude Law (2012-2014) – Ruth Wilson started going out with fellow British actor Jude Law in March 2012, after having met at the London production of Anna Christie in 2011. The friendship struck while co-starring in the play, turned to something serious. However, they separated in 2014.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2015) – Ruth and American actor Jake Gyllenhaal had a short-lived affair after having got close while working in the Broadway play, Constellations. Their affair frizzled out after a couple of months of dating.
- Joshua Jackson (2016) – The rumors of Ruth dating her The Affair co-star started circulating after they were pictured on an eight-hour long date at an East Village eatery. As they sipped red wine during their date, they certainly seemed more than friends out for a meal.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue Eyes
- Luscious lips
- Arched Eyebrows
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
- Her work in Showtime series The Affair as Alison Bailey, in mini-series Jane Eyre playing the title role as Jane Eyre in 2006.
- Playing the title role in the successful and popular Broadway show Anna Christie in 2011.
Her first movie work was in the short film Get off my Land in 2007 for her role of a Woman.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance was in BBC Two series Time Commanders as herself in just 1 episode entitled “Pharsalus” in 2003.
Ruth Wilson relies more on sports to keep her slim and svelte body in perfect shape.
She is particularly fond of boxing and tries to squeeze in at least two boxing sessions per week in her busy work schedule. Even, half an hour window is sufficient to give her whole body a thorough workout.
Ruth Wilson Favorite Things
Source – DailyMail.co.uk
Ruth Wilson Facts
- She used to work as a model during her teen years to provide her with a steady income to support her fledgling acting career.
- While studying at the University of Nottingham, she took part in the war strategy TV game Time Commanders and assisted his team in the Battle of Pharsalus.
- While growing up, she was pretty good in cricket and rugby and has credited her older brothers for her tomboyish childhood.
- Her childhood house in Surrey was near the famous Shepperton Studios, which she credits for sparking her interest in acting.
- While studying at the catholic girls school, she was average in studies but excelled in sports and was captain of the netball team.
- She was discovered at the age of 16 while working in a café during summer holidays by a scout from a London based modeling agency.
- To prepare for her role in The Affair, she talked to her godmother, who herself had lost two children.
- She doesn’t have any social media accounts.