|Nate Berkus Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1971|
Nate Berkus is an American interior designer, television personality, and author who became a favorite among viewers with his frequent appearances on The Oprah Winfrey Show (2004-2011). He has more than 600k followers on Twitter, more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Nathan Jay Berkus
Orange County, California, United States
Interior Designer, Television Personality, Author
- Father – Michael Berkus
- Mother – Nancy Golden
- Siblings – Jesse Berkus (Younger Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nate has dated –
- Fernando Bengoechea (2000-2004) – Photographer Fernando Bengoechea was dating Nate from 2000 until his sad demise in the Indian Ocean tsunami that hit Sri Lanka in 2004.
- Brian Atwood (2007-2010)
- Jeremiah Brent (2012-Present) – Nate and Jeremiah Brent officially became a married couple on May 4, 2014. Even before meeting Brent, Nate used to watch him on The Rachel Zoe Project and liked his hair. They got engaged in Peru. They welcomed daughter Poppy Brent-Berkus (b. March 23, 2015) and son Oskar Michael Brent-Berkus (b. March 26, 2018) via surrogates.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Nate Berkus Favorite Things
- Podcast – How I Built This
- Instagram Accounts – Eyeswoon (by Athena Calderone), Jeremiah Brent
- Apps – Curb, Sortly
- All-Time Favorite Food Group – Dairy Queen
- Books – Shantaram, A Little Life, A Yellow Raft in Blue Water
Nate Berkus Facts
- He is petrified of heights and snakes.
- Nate served as the executive producer of the Oscar-winning film, The Help (2011) starring Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, Emma Stone, etc.
- He and Jeremiah were the 1st gay couple to exchange wedding vows at the iconic New York Public Library.
- Nate named his son Oskar in honor of his former boyfriend, Fernando Oskar Bengoechea.
- In 2012, he published The Things That Matter, which was praised by the Washington Post as ‘One of the Best Interior Design Books of the Year’.
- Nate was raised in Minnesota.
- His first car was a Saab. He was 18 at that time.
- He once hosted a vintage jewelry sale at one of his friend’s stores in Los Angeles. If he wasn’t an interior designer, he would have loved to do this work instead.
- Since he travels frequently, he has his luggage bags packed always. So, he saves his time there.
- He is a double Virgo.
- Nate finds perfect happiness in the pantry or linen closet with a label maker.
- He is a very organized person.
- Nate has a habit of reading and tries reading at least 2 books weekly.
- As of October 2022, he had a 17-year-old rescue dog named Tucker.
- He is having his design firm for over 2 decades.
- His grandfather served as a pilot during World War II.
- Nate supports a no-kill animal shelter named PAWS in Chicago.
- He can speak French since he has resided in Paris for a year.
- His designs at The Shade Store have been inspired by his traveling history. Whever he goes, he collects the textiles and brings them back.
- He is obsessed with Realtor.com.
- Even after chef Rachael Ray‘s multiple efforts of helping him learn cooking, he still found cooking difficult.
- His father is the co-founder of National Sports Collectors Convention. He worked there as a teenager and even met all the star athletes of the ’80s.
- Each summer, he goes to Alisal Ranch in Solvang, California. He has been doing so for over 3 decades.
- He possess great karaoke skills. He once got the chance to sing Warren G’s “Regulate” onstage at a Target corporate event.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0