|Nate Berkus Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1971|
Nate Berkus is an American interior designer, television personality, and author who became a favorite among viewers with his frequent appearances on The Oprah Winfrey Show (2004-2011). He has more than 600k followers on Twitter, more than 1 million followers on Instagram, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Nathan Jay Berkus
Orange County, California, United States
Interior Designer, Television Personality, Author
- Father – Michael Berkus
- Mother – Nancy Golden
- Siblings – Jesse Berkus (Younger Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nate has dated –
- Fernando Bengoechea (2000-2004) – Photographer Fernando Bengoechea was dating Nate from 2000 until his sad demise in the Indian Ocean tsunami that hit Sri Lanka in 2004.
- Brian Atwood (2007-2010)
- Jeremiah Brent (2012-Present) – Nate and Jeremiah Brent officially became a married couple on May 4, 2014. They welcomed daughter Poppy Brent-Berkus (b. March 23, 2015) and son Oskar Michael Brent-Berkus (b. March 26, 2018) via surrogates.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Nate Berkus Favorite Things
- Podcast – How I Built This
- Instagram Accounts – Eyeswoon (by Athena Calderone), Jeremiah Brent
- Apps – Curb, Sortly
- Food Group – Dairy Queen
- Books – Shantaram, A Little Life, A Yellow Raft in Blue Water
Nate Berkus Facts
- He is petrified of heights and snakes.
- Nate served as the executive producer of the Oscar-winning film, The Help (2011) starring Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, Emma Stone, etc.
- He and Jeremiah were the 1st gay couple to exchange wedding vows at the iconic New York Public Library.
- Nate named his son Oskar in honor of his former boyfriend, Fernando Oskar Bengoechea.
- In 2012, he published The Things That Matter, which was praised by the Washington Post as ‘One of the Best Interior Design Books of the Year’.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0