|Harris Rosen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1939|
Harris Rosen is an American businessman, investor, and philanthropist who is best known as the founder, President, and COO of Rosen Hotels & Resorts. He is also widely recognized for his philanthropic efforts in the Central Florida region. He was the brains behind the ‘Tangelo Park Program’ which was launched in 1993 to help the impoverished community in Orlando, Florida, by providing college scholarships to underprivileged youth. In 2011, he was honored as ‘Central Floridian of the Year’ by the Orlando Sentinel newspaper. In 2016, he launched another initiative like the ‘Tangelo Park Program’, for Parramore district near downtown Orlando. In 2016, Harris was awarded the Bob Graham Center for Public Service ‘Citizen of the Year’ award. The following year, he was named the ‘Most Influential Person in Tourism in Orlando’ by Orlando magazine.
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States
Harris had graduated from the LREI- High School in New York City. He then attended Statler Hall and Auditorium College in Ithaca, New York. He eventually earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University in New York.
Businessman, Investor, Philanthropist
- Father – Jack Rosen
- Mother – Lee Rosen
- Siblings – He has a brother.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harris has dated –
- Trish Rosen (1988–Present) – Harris and Trish were married in 1988. They have 4 children together – a daughter named Shayna Rosen and 3 sons named Jack Rosen, Adam Rosen (d. 2018), and Joshua Rosen.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Receding hairline
- Affable smile
Harris Rosen Facts
- After his graduation from Cornell University, Harris had served the United States Army for 3 years and was deployed in Germany and South Korea.
- Once he left the armed forces, he began working at the Waldorf Astoria, a luxury hotel in New York City, as a convention salesman. He later also worked at various Hilton Hotels and the New Yorker Hotel.
- He had also worked at the Walt Disney Company as its director of hotel planning before starting his chain of hotels. During the 1973 oil crisis, he left his position at the Walt Disney Company and bought his first hotel, in Southwest Orlando.
- After founding the Rosen Hotels & Resorts in 1974, he managed to open his first resort 32 years later, in 2006, the 1501-room Rosen Shingle Creek, an ‘AAA Four Diamond’ facility.
- In 2002, he had contributed USD 18 million to the University of Central Florida to develop the Rosen College of Hospitality Management. He has also served as a charter member of the University of Central Florida’s Board of Trustees.
- He has been a frequent contributor to relief programs in Haiti and has helped with medical supplies, personal hygiene items, and water filtration devices to the hurricane-ravaged island.
Featured Image by Harris Rosen / Instagram