|Jim Jefferies Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1977|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Jim Jefferies is an Australian-American stand-up comedian, actor, and writer who is best known for his blunt and irreverent stand-up comedy that deals with alcoholism, politics, drugs, s*x, religion, and relationships, and often involves a heavy dosage of foul language. Some of his popular stand-up specials include Jim Jefferies: I Swear to God (2009), Jim Jefferies: Fully Functional (2012), Jim Jefferies: Freedumb (2016), Jim Jefferies: This Is Me Now (2018), and Jim Jefferies: Intolerant (2020). He is also well recognized for starring as ‘himself’ in the sitcom Legit (2013–2014) and for hosting the Comedy Central late-night talk and news satire TV series The Jim Jefferies Show (2017–2019). He had served as the creator, writer, and executive producer on both those shows.
Geoff James Nugent
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Los Angeles, California, United States
He holds dual nationality.
Jim had attended the St. Ives High School in his hometown of Sydney. He had then joined The Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) at Edith Cowan University in Perth, Western Australia, to study musical theatre and classical music. He, however, left the institution several months before completing his degree, to kickstart his stand-up comedy career.
Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Writer
- Father – He was a cabinet maker and maintenance worker.
- Mother – She was a substitute school teacher.
- Siblings – Scott Nugent (Older Brother) (Investment Banker), Daniel Nugent (Older Brother) (Police Inspector)
Satire, Observational Comedy, Black Comedy
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim has dated –
- Kate Luyben (2011–2018) – Jim had started dating Canadian actress Kate Luyben in 2011 and they have a son together named Hank Jefferies (b. November 7, 2012) who was named after Kate’s father. The couple eventually parted ways in 2018.
- Ginger Gonzaga
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English and Irish descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Slurred Australian accent
- Often sports a rugged beard
Jim Jefferies Facts
- Jim’s mother was a substitute teacher at the same school where he used to study. He had revealed in an interview that his mother was very strict with students and hence not very popular with his schoolmates. He would often feel awkward going to school as he felt that he would be ostracized by his classmates and schoolmates due to this.
- After leaving the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) without completing his course, he had returned to Sydney and then moved to the UK. He performed and honed his stand-up comedy at both locations for several years. He had attracted international in 2007 when he was physically attacked onstage while he was performing at the Manchester Comedy Store.
- Jim had initially used the stage name ‘Jim Jeffries’ but had added an extra ‘e’ and amended it to ‘Jim Jefferies’ when he came to know of an American performer with a similar stage name.
- He had co-hosted a podcast titled Jim and Eddie Talkin’ Shit (2010-2012) with fellow comedian Eddie Ifft but had to leave the show because of his busy schedule.
Featured Image by Jim Jefferies / Instagram