|Ginger Gonzaga Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1983|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Ginger Gonzaga is an American actress, comedian, improviser, writer, director, and singer who rose to fame after hosting Hulu’s comedic daily pop culture recap TV show The Morning After (2011-2012). She gained further popularity after appearing in several other programs on the small screen including the comedy-drama I’m Dying Up Here (2017-2018) where she played the role of Maggie. Ginger has also starred in a number of movies such as the comedy Ted (2012) and has performed as a voice-over artist for numerous shows like Family Guy for which she voiced many characters in the past. She has written for various films and television shows as well including the TV movie Right Now with Ginger Gonzaga! (2015). She has also sung Jazz at various Hollywood hotspots.
Ginger Tapp Gonzaga
Pennsylvania, United States
She attended Beyer High School in Modesto, California. After that, she enrolled in the University of California, Berkeley, and University of California, Santa Barbara, acquiring a B. A degree in Political Science/International Relations and a minor in Chinese from the latter.
She had completed her course a year early to train at The Groundlings school, following which she studied Improv at The Second City as well as Upright Citizens Brigade.
Actress, Comedian, Improviser, Writer, Director, Singer
- Father – Christop/Christopher Deiparine/Deipirine Gonzaga
- Mother – Adele L. (Tapp)
She is represented by Management 360 and Innovative Artists.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Jim Carrey (2018-2019) – She had a relationship with actor, stand-up comedian, screenwriter, and film producer Jim Carrey.
- Jim Jefferies
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
She is of Filipino descent on her father’s side of the family and of Dutch descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
- Shapely lips
- Tattoo on the side of her hand that reads ‘Art is the answer’
Ginger Gonzaga Favorite Things
- Item From Set – The book of Vivian from the set of the TV show Kidding that she had taken after hearing there was 2 and that she has proudly adorned her bookcase with
Source – Brief Take
Ginger Gonzaga Facts
- She was passionate about stage comedy since her childhood and would often dress up like her Cebuano grandmother. She would draw wrinkles on her face in order to make her appearance more realistic and enjoy mimicking her grandmother in front of her neighbors.
- Ginger has recalled that she lived with male roommates while going to college. Although she had not found out her humorous side back then, her roommates would steal all of her hilarious jokes and use them to make a good impression on girls.
- She had been nationally ranked for debate and impromptu/extemporaneous speaking before she became an actress.
- She and Jim Carrey have been love interests on-screen as well, with Carrey having played the puppeteer Jeff Piccirillo in his Golden Globes-nominated performance on the comedy-drama television series Kidding (2018), and Ginger, the woman his character dates.
- On January 6, 2019, Jim Carrey and Ginger had attended the 76th annual Golden Globe Awards ceremony, appearing as a couple.
Featured Image by Ginger Gonzaga / Instagram