|Ongina Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|January 6, 1982
Ongina is an American drag performer, HIV activist, singer, and TV personality who gained popularity as a contestant on the first season of RuPaul‘s Drag Race and the 5th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars. She is also known for being one of the first reality TV stars to come out as HIV-positive.
Ryan Ong Palao
Ongina, Peck-Peck Galore
Los Angeles, California, United States
Drag Performer, HIV Activist, Singer, TV Personality
Ongina is represented by the Benedetti Group.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Wear hats or headpieces
- She spent her childhood years growing up in the Philippines. Her family moved to Seattle, Washington, in 1994.
- Her previous drag name was Peck-Peck Galore.
- Ongina’s pursuits as a drag performer started in 2003 at an Asian restaurant called Lucky Cheng’s where she worked alongside Laverne Cox.
- On April 13, 2006, she was diagnosed with HIV.
- Her fellow contestants on RuPaul’s Drag Race season 1 were BeBe Zahara Benet, Nina Flowers, Victoria “Porkchop” Parker, Rebecca Glasscock, and Tammie Brown.
- Ongina has appeared in music videos for songs like I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas and Not a Pearl by Willam Belli.
- She appeared on the 5th edition of the popular reality competition television series all-star and spin-off, RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, alongside the likes of Alexis Mateo, Blair St. Clair, Shea Couleé, Derrick Barry, Mariah Paris Balenciaga, and Miz Cracker.
- She has appeared on many web shows like HIV and Me, Wow Shopping Network, Epic Voices, Fashion Photo Ruview, Whatcha Packin’, The Vivienne Takes On Hollywood, and Drag Queens React.
- Ongina has emerged as a supporter of the amFAR campaign called Epic Voices which aims at finding a cure for AIDS by 2030 and to reengage the conversation about the virus.
Featured Image by EricaJoy / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0