|Alexis Mateo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alexis Mateo is a Puerto Rican drag queen, performer, reality television personality, dancer, singer, and fashion designer who is known for appearing in shows like RuPaul‘s Drag Race, RuPaul’s Drag U, RuPaul’s Drag Race: Untucked, RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, Whatcha Packin’, Besties For Cash, and Hey Qween.
Alexis Mateo Pacheco
St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Drag Queen, Performer, Reality Television Personality, Dancer, Singer, Fashion Designer
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Alexis Mateo is of Puerto Rican descent.
- Curvaceous physique
- Pouty lips
Alexis Mateo Facts
- Her drag career began in Puerto Rico’s gay nightclub circuit in 1979. Afterward, in 2001, she moved to Orlando, Florida, and worked as a dancer and performer at Disney World.
- Alexis Mateo has been crowned as Miss Florida Latina, Miss Orlando, Miss Central Florida, Miss Waterside, Miss Suncoast, Miss Suncoast America, Miss Lakeland America, and Miss ASAP.
- She has won a number of beauty pageants including Miss Lakeland 2004, Miss Gay Florida USofA 2006, Miss Gay Florida International 2010, Miss Tampa Bay International 2013, Sunshine State All American Goddess 2014, Miss Gay Southern States USofA 2014, Miss North Florida FI 2015, Miss Tampa Pride 2016, Miss Gay Days 2016, Kentucky All American Goddess 2016, All American Goddess 2016, and National Showgirl 2017.
- Her singing credits include having worked as a featured artist in the song Big Girl by Joelapussy, which also featured Alyssa Edwards.
- Alexis Mateo has also succeeded as a fashion designer and won the 2001 Inter Fashion Award for “Best Fashion Designer”.
- She appeared as a contestant on the 3rd season of the reality competition television series, RuPaul’s Drag Race, in 2011 and her fellow contestants included Manila Luzon, Mimi Imfurst, Yara Sofia, and India Ferrah.
- Mateo and Yara Sofia claimed in 2011 that they had been told to leave a Tampa beauty supply shop because of their s*xual orientation. This led to their boycott campaign being launched against the store.
- She participated in the debut season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars in 2012.
- She has appeared in music videos for songs like Responsitrannity and Champion by RuPaul and Queen by Xelle.
- Alexis Mateo is the drag mother of Vanessa Vanjie Mateo, Jenavive Mateo, and Victoria Mateo.
- She had to create a new Instagram account after her previous account was hacked and deleted on March 1, 2018.
Featured Image by Stpeteartisan / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0