|Taryn Southern Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1986|
Taryn Southern is an American storyteller, speaker, artist, and brand strategist who is best known for her work with emerging technologies. She has worked with Google Creator Lab in the past. Taryn launched her YouTube channel in 2012 and in 2014, her YouTube Channel was listed on the 52nd spot on New Media Rockstars‘ “Top 100 Channels” list. She served as the host of the US version of The X Factor in the past and has also appeared on a variety of other TV shows and films like Woke Up Dead, Sorority Forever, Battle Los Angeles, Guys with Kids, Last Man Standing, New Girl, Rules of Engagement, The Temp Life, and many more.
Wichita, Kansas, United States
She is based in Los Angeles but also spends time in New York City.
Taryn Southern went to Wichita East High School and graduated in 2003. She then got enrolled at the University of Miami and graduated with a B.A. degree in Journalism and a B.S. in Anthropology at the age of 20.
While studying in school, she was awarded a grant to travel to Peru, where she studied the shamanic use of ayahuasca among rainforest communities.
Actress, singer, model, writer, producer
Taryn Southern is represented by Adam Nettler of Creative Artists Agency.
Mud Hut Digital
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taryn Southern has dated –
- Chester See – Taryn Southern was allegedly going out with fellow YouTube star Chester See. They were pretty open about their relationship and often indulged in PDA on social media. However, they decided to go their separate ways in 2013.
- Bryan Johnson (2016-2019)
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
However, she often dyes her hair blonde.
- Petite figure
- Small face
33-24-33 in or 84-61-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
Taryn Southern has appeared in the following commercials
- Storks (Flock to the Movies)
Best Known For
- Having made guest appearances in popular TV series such as American Dad!, New Girl, The League, and Guys with Kids.
- Hosting the pre-show of the US version of The X Factor.
- Making appearances on glossy pages of popular publications such as Cosmopolitan and People Magazine
As a Singer
Taryn has released a series of singles and soundtracks such as Ride, I Love You But, Change it Up and Break Free through iTunes.
Her single Crush was released in 2013. The song was listed in the Top 100 in a radio play in the month of August that year.
In 2008, she made her theatrical debut in the comedy movie, Private High Musical. She played the character of Sandra Smith in the movie.
First TV Show
Taryn made her first TV show appearance, in November 2006, as herself in the News TV series, Attack of the Show!
Taryn Southern Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Reading gossip magazines and getting a pedicure
- Pet Peeves – Laziness
- Video Game – Kinect Adventures
- Travel Essentials – Febreeze, a hard drive, an HD video camera (which is a little Cannon PowerShot), laptop, a couple of SD cards, a pair of boots, a pair of jeans, a couple of T-shirts and a pair of sandals
- Must See Los Angeles Hotspots – Bronson Canyon and the Griffith Observatory
Source – Crave Online, Marriott Traveler
Taryn Southern Facts
- She released her single, Hott 4 Hill, in support of Hillary Clinton in the run-up to the 2008 US Presidential elections. The song helped her gain widespread fame across social media networks.
- After graduating from the university, she decided to take time off and travel across Europe and South America.
- In 2006, she managed to finish in the first position in her age category at the Miami Tropical Half-Marathon.
- At the age of 10, she managed to bag her first leading role in a pre-Broadway theatrical production.
- She was 17 years old and still studying in high school when she participated in the third season of the reality show American Idol.
- After graduating from university, she took up a job at NBC. She also worked at Morgan Stanley in Miami before she decided to move to Los Angeles.
- She has launched her exclusive app, TarynToGo.
- In the past, she was chosen as an ambassador for The Geena Davis Institute Gender in Media “#ShesGotDrive” campaign.
Featured Image by Lan Bui / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0