|Catherine O’Hara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1954|
Catherine O’Hara is a Canadian-American actress, comedian, writer, and singer who is best known for her association with The Second City improvisational comedy troupe in Toronto and the related sketch comedy TV show Second City Television (SCTV) (1976–1984). Her other notable TV work includes the portrayal of Marna Wallbacker in the sitcom Coming Up Rosie (1975–1978), Miss Malone in the animated TV series The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley (1988), Liz Larsen in the adult animated sitcom Committed (2001), Jackie Martin in the adult animated sitcom Glenn Martin, DDS (2009-2011), and Moira Rose in the sitcom Schitt’s Creek (2015–2020). She is also well recognized for her work in films such as Beetlejuice (1988), Home Alone (1990), The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993), Waiting for Guffman (1996), A Mighty Wind (2003), and For Your Consideration (2006). Catherine was honored as an ‘Officer of the Order of Canada’ in 2018 and was presented with the ‘Governor General’s Performing Arts Lifetime Artistic Achievement Award’ in 2020. She was inducted into ‘Canada’s Walk of Fame’ in 2007.
Catherine Anne O’Hara
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
She holds dual nationality.
Catherine had attended the Burnhamthorpe Collegiate Institute and Adult Learning Centre, an alternative high school in Etobicoke, Ontario.
Actress, Comedian, Writer, Singer
- Siblings – Mary Margaret O’Hara (Younger Sister) (Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Composer), Patsy O’Hara (Older Sister), Maureen O’Hara (Older Sister), Marcus ‘Marc’ O’Hara (Older Brother) (Actor), Michael Patrick O’Hara (Older Brother) (Film Producer). She has 1 other older sibling.
- Others – Elizabeth Levinson (Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Catherine has dated –
- Bo Welch (1988–Present) – Catherine had first met American production designer, art director, and film/TV director Robert W. Welch III aka Bo Welch in 1988, on the sets of the film Beetlejuice. They had started dating soon after and were married in 1992. They have 2 sons together named Matthew Welch (b. 1994) and Luke Welch (b. 1997).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Petite frame
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
Catherine has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Dristan nasal spray (1979)
- Hudson’s Bay (2020) (A Call to Joy campaign)
Catherine O’Hara Facts
- She had started acting in local plays from a very young age and her first role was the portrayal of Mary in a nativity play when she was 7 years old.
- Just like her younger sister Mary Margaret O’Hara, she too is an accomplished singer and songwriter in her own right. She had been a part of the musical group Northern Lights and had also written and performed songs for the film A Mighty Wind (2003).
- For her work in the sitcom Schitt’s Creek (2015–2020), she had won the ‘Best Lead Actress in a Comedy Series’ award for 5 years in a row at the Canadian Screen Awards.
- She suffers from a rare but non-critical congenital condition known as ‘Situs Inversus’ where the patient’s organs in the chest and abdomen get arranged in a mirror-image reversal of the normal positioning of those organs.
- In 2021, she was awarded the Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy”, the Critics Choice Award in the “Best Actress in a Comedy Series” category, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series” for her role as Moira Rose in Schitt’s Creek.
Featured Image by Catherine O’Hara / Instagram