|Dave Baksh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1980|
Dave Baksh is a Canadian musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, voiceover artist, and TV personality who is best known for having served as the lead guitarist as well as the backing vocalist of the rock band, Sum 41. Apart from that, he formed the reggae-influenced heavy metal band, Brown Brigade, in 2003 and it also included musicians such as Vaughn Lal, Johnny Owens, Chuck Coles, Cess Rock, Craig Pattison, and Travis Sanders.
David Nizam Baksh
Dave, Dave Brownsound, Hot Chocolate, Pleasure
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Voiceover Artist, TV Personality
- Others – Vaughn Lal (Cousin) (Musician)
As a member of Sum 41, Dave Baksh was managed by Greig Nori.
Alternative Rock, Pop Punk, Punk Rock, Melodic Hardcore, Alternative Metal, Hard Rock, Skate Punk, Reggae, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal
As a member of Sum 41, he was represented by Island Records, Aquarius Records, and Hopeless Records.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dave Baksh has dated –
- Jennifer Baksh
- Kendra Emmett
Race / Ethnicity
Dave Baksh is of Indo-Guyanese descent.
- Often sports a stubble
- Many tattoos on his body
Dave Baksh Favorite Things
- Sum 41 Songs – Mr. Amsterdam, Machine Gun, Pain for Pleasure, and The Bitter End
Source – Wikipedia
Dave Baksh Facts
- He grew up in Ajax, Ontario along with his fellow Sum 41 bandmates Jason McCaslin and Steve Jocz.
- Musicians like Jon Marshall, Richard Roy, Mark Spicoluk, Tom Thacker, Frank Zummo, and Deryck Whibley have also been a part of Sum 41.
- With the efforts of guitarist Deryck Whibley, drummer Steve Jocz, bassist Richard Roy, and vocalist Jon Marshall, Sum 41 came to existence in the year 1996.
- In 1997, Dave Baksh joined Sum 41.
- With Sum 41, he released his debut studio album, All Killer No Filler, on May 7, 2001, and it comprised of songs such as In Too Deep, Fat Lip, Motivation, Crazy Amanda Bunkface, All She’s Got, Pain for Pleasure, and Nothing on My Back. The album was ranked at number #7 in the UK Albums Chart and at number #9 in the Canadian Albums Chart and was certified “3xPlatinum” in Canada, “Platinum” in the United Kingdom and the United States, and “Gold” in Japan.
- Dave Baksh took a 9 years long hiatus (except for a brief return in 2008) from Sum 41, starting in 2006. He later re-joined the group in 2015 and in 2019, he stated that he regretted leaving the band.
- He founded the reggae-influenced heavy metal band, Brown Brigade, in 2003 alongside Vaughn Lal and it released its only studio album, Into the Mouth of Badd(d)ness, on September 18, 2007, via Aquarius Records.
- In 2008, Dave Baksh started working alongside his Brown Brigade bandmate, Chuck Coles, in the southern and soul-influenced experimental hard rock side project, Organ Thieves, that released its first full-length studio album, Somewhere Between Free Men and Slaves, on April 24, 2012, via MapleMusic Recordings.
- He has often played a Paul Reed Smith McCarty Double Cut Solid body.
- Dave Baksh’s least favorite Sum 41 song is Pieces.
- In May 2023, the members of Sum 41 confirmed that they were parting ways after 27 years together.
Featured Image by Stefan Brending (2eight) / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0