|Faouzia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Faouzia is a Canadian-Moroccan singer and songwriter whose career started in 2015 with the single Knock on My Door. She has gone on to release several non-album singles in the subsequent years such as My Heart’s Grave (2017), This Mountain (2018), Born Without a Heart (2019), Tears of Gold (2019), and Wake Me When It’s Over (2020). She has appeared as a featured artist in songs such as Battle by David Guetta (2018), Money by Ninho (2019), I Dare You by Kelly Clarkson (2020), and I Fly by the Swedish DJ duo Galantis (2020).
Carman, Pembina Valley, Manitoba, Canada
She holds dual nationality.
Faouzia, after her high school graduation in 2018, had joined the University of Manitoba, to study computer engineering.
- Siblings – Samia Ouihya (Older Sister) (Manager). She has another sister.
She is represented by –
- Tim Jones, General Manager, Pipe & Hat Music Group, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Samia Ouihya, General Manager, Carman, Pembina Valley, Manitoba, Canada
- Jessica Nall, PR Agent (USA), Atlantic Records, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Julia Hummel, PR Agent (Canada), Warner Music, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Rebecca Pollock, PR Agent (Rest of the World), Atlantic Records, New York City, New York, United States
- Brian Edelman, Booking Agent (North America), William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Venice, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Ben Totis, Booking Agent (North America), William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Natasha Bent, Booking Agent (UK/Europe), Paradigm Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Mike Malak, Booking Agent (UK/Europe), Paradigm Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Vocals, Piano, Violin
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Moroccan descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Cryptic smile
Faouzia Favorite Things
- Musicians/Composers – Frédéric Chopin, Johann Sebastian Bach, Wolfgang Mozart
- Singers – Beyoncé, Rihanna, Sia, Adele, Ariana Grande, Umm Kulthum, Fairuz
- Music Bands/Groups – Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy
Source – Warner Music New Zealand
- Born in Morocco, her family had emigrated to Canada when she was 5 years old and lived in Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes, Manitoba for a while before eventually settling in Carman, Manitoba.
- Owing to her Moroccan roots and her residence in Canada, she is fluent in English, French, and Arabic.
- She started playing the piano from the age of 6 and was trained in classical singing for 11 years. She began by posting song covers and her original music on YouTube and broke through in 2015, at the age of 15, when she won the ‘Song of the Year’ award, the ‘Audience Award’, and the ‘Grand Prix’ at the La Chicane Éléctrique, an annual musical competition.
- In 2016, she was the runner-up at Canada’s ‘Walk of Fame Emerging Artist Mentorship Program’. The following year, she won the ‘Grand Prize’ at the ‘Nashville Unsigned Only’ music competition, held for budding independent artists. She was the first teen to ever win that award.
- The same year, she also won the ‘International Songwriting Competition’ which is regarded as the largest songwriting competition in the world. She was the first Canadian artist to win this accolade and defeated 16,000 participants from 137 countries.
- In January 2021, she collaborated with John Legend to release a new song titled Minefields.
Featured Image by Faouzia / Instagram