|Mathew Knowles Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1952|
|Spouse||Gena Charmaine Avery|
Mathew Knowles is an American record executive, talent manager, and businessman who is best known for managing the highly successful American all-girl music group Destiny’s Child. He had also managed the solo music careers of both his older daughters Beyoncé Knowles and Solange Knowles.
Gadsden, Etowah County, Alabama, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Mathew, after his high school graduation, had joined the Fisk University, a private historically black university in Nashville, Tennessee. He had graduated from there in 1974 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration.
Record Executive, Talent Manager, Businessman
- Father – Matthew Q. Knowles (d. December 1996)
- Mother – Lou Helen Knowles (née Hogue)
- Others – Jay Z (Son-in-Law) (Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer, Businessman), Lumis Albert Beyincé (Ex-Father-in-Law) (d. August 1982), Agnéz Deréon (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (d. 1984), Lumis Joseph Beyoncé (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (d. March 2016), Melvin Marsh Jr. (Ex-Brother-in-Law), Daniel Smith (Ex-Son-in-Law) (American Football Player), Alan Ferguson (Son-in-Law) (Music Video Director)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mathew has dated –
- Tina Knowles (1979-2011) – Mathew began dating businesswoman and fashion designer Celestine Ann Knowles aka Tina Knowles in January 1979 and they got married on January 5, 1980. They have 2 daughters together named Beyoncé Knowles (b. September 4, 1981) (Singer, Actress) and Solange Knowles (b. June 24, 1986) (Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actress). Through Beyoncé, he has 3 grandchildren – 2 granddaughters named Blue Ivy Carter (b. January 7, 2012) (Singer) and Rumi Carter (b. June 13, 2017), and a grandson named Sir Carter (b. June 13, 2017). Through Solange, he has a grandson named Daniel Julez J. Smith Jr. (b. October 18, 2004). Tina had filed for divorce in 2009, backed out in 2010, and then filed for divorce again in August 2011. The divorce was finalized in November 2011.
- Alexsandra Wright (2009-2011) – He had started dating Canadian actress Alexsandra Wright in 2009 and the couple had broken up in 2011. They have a son together named Nixon Alexander Knowles (b. February 4, 2010).
- TaQoya Branscomb – He had a brief and secret relationship with the real estate agent and former lingerie model TaQoya Branscomb after he had hooked up with Alexsandra. They have a daughter together named Koi Mychael Knowles (b. July 3, 2010).
- Gena Charmaine Avery (2011-Present) – Mathew began dating model Gena Charmaine Avery in 2011 and they got married on June 30, 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Towering, bulky frame
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a thick mustache
- Affable smile
Mathew Knowles Facts
- Mathew, after graduating from university, had worked in the sales departments of companies dealing in office and medical equipment, for a couple of years.
- In 1976, he had moved to Houston and worked for the Xerox Corporation for almost a decade in their medical-systems sales division. He had then worked as a salesman for CT/MRI diagnostic imaging equipment and in neurosurgical sales.
- In 1992, he had quit his sales career to start a music company of his own. Later that year, he had founded Music World Entertainment.
- He has served as a visiting professor at Texas Southern University.
- He was diagnosed with male breast cancer in October 2019.
Featured Image by Mathew Knowles / Instagram