|Steve Brookstein Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1968|
Steve Brookstein is an English singer, author, and TV personality who is best known for winning the first edition of the reality television music competition show, The X Factor, in 2004. Apart from that, he has also made a name for himself in the entertainment industry by releasing a handful of albums and singles.
Stephen Desmond Brookstein
Mitcham, London Borough of Merton, England, United Kingdom
Singer, TV Personality, Author
- Father – Errol Brookstein (Lorry Driver)
- Mother – Malle Brookstein (Council Worker)
- Others – Rikki Septimus (Grandfather’s Cousin) (Actor, Dancer)
Steve Brookstein is represented by Global Artists, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Jazz, Blue-Eyed Soul
Syco Records, PledgeMusic
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steve Brookstein has dated –
- Eileen Hunter (2006-Present) – He has been in a relationship with his wife Eileen Hunter since the year 2006 and the duo parents 2 children, namely, Hamish Alastair Brookstein (b. April 7, 2008) and Esme Malle Brookstein (b. August 17, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
Steve Brookstein is of South African descent on his father’s side and has Estonian roots on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Deep-set eyes
- Cheeky smile
Steve Brookstein Facts
- In 1997, he made his first TV show appearance as a contestant on the ITV series, The Big Big Talent Show, which was hosted by Jonathan Ross, a television and radio presenter, film critic, actor, and comedian.
- He was signed by the Sony BMG record label after he won The X Factor and later, Steve Brookstein released his debut single which is a cover of Phil Collins‘ 1984 power ballad Against All Odds in December 2004.
- On May 9, 2005, he released his first album, Heart and Soul, via Syco Records and Sony BMG and the album comprised of songs such as (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher, How Can You Mend a Broken Heart, Dance with My Father, If You Don’t Know Me by Now, Help Me Make It Through the Night, Yah Mo B There, I Don’t Want to Talk About It, and Until You Come Back to Me.
- Steve Brookstein’s album, Heart and Soul, was ranked at number #1 in the UK Albums Chart as well as the Irish Albums Chart and also became a certified “Gold” in the United Kingdom.
- He supports Crystal Palace F.C., a professional football club based in Selhurst, South London, England.
- He has been a part of his share of controversies including the one that took place in July 2013 when he defended child murderer Jon Venables who, along with Robert Thompson, murdered a 2-year-old boy named James Bulger when both Jon and Robert were only 10 years old themselves.
- Steve Brookstein also received a huge backlash for tweeting “The hypocrisy of gay men discussing HIV is astonishing. They don’t like HIV being compared to obesity or smoking. Yes it is unfortunate and treatable but so is obesity and smoking. #GarethThomas” in September 2019.
- He has also earned a decent fan base on social media as he enjoys more than 30k followers on Twitter.
Featured Image by Steve Brookstein / Instagram