|Rush Limbaugh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1951|
Rush Limbaugh is an American radio personality, political commentator, author, and former TV host who is best known for hosting the radio program The Rush Limbaugh Show. He is often considered as one of the most highly paid radio hosts of all time and in December 2019, Talkers Magazine had credited his program as the most-listened-to radio show in the United States. Counted among the leading lights of the conservative movement in the United States, he has also been well known for his outspoken and often controversial views on a wide variety of topics including racism, LGBT rights, feminism, and climate change. He was inducted into the ‘National Radio Hall of Fame’ in 1993 and the ‘NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Hall of Fame’ in 1998. In 2020, he was honored with the prestigious ‘Presidential Medal of Freedom’. He has also written several books, the first two of which – The Way Things Ought to Be (1992) and See, I Told You So (1993) – had been included in The New York Times ‘Best Seller List’.
Rush Hudson Limbaugh III
El Rushbo, Rusty, Maha Rushie, America’s Anchorman, The Rusher, The Pigman, The Rush
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida, United States
Rush had graduated, in 1969, from the Cape Girardeau Central High School. He had later joined the Southeast Missouri State University but had dropped out after 2 semesters.
Radio Personality, Political Commentator, Author, Former TV Host
- Father – Rush Hudson Limbaugh II (Lawyer, Former Fighter Pilot, World War II Veteran)
- Mother – Mildred ‘Millie’ Carolyn (née Armstrong) Limbaugh (d. March 2000)
- Siblings – David Limbaugh (Younger Brother) (Political Commentator, Author, Professor, Lawyer)
- Others – Rush Limbaugh Sr. (Paternal Grandfather) (Prosecutor, Judge, Member of the Missouri House of Representatives in the 1930s) (d. 1996), Beulah Maude Seebaugh (Paternal Grandmother), Glenn/Glen A. Armstrong (Maternal Grandfather), Retha L. Russell (Maternal Grandmother), Stephen N. Limbaugh Sr. (Paternal Uncle) (Federal Judge), Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr. (Cousin) (Federal Judge), Richard Rogers (Father-in-Law)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rush has dated –
- Crystal Bernard – Rumor
- Elliot Sanders (1971)
- Roxy Maxine McNeely (1976–1980) – Rush began dating sales secretary Roxy Maxine McNeely in 1976 and they got married on September 24, 1977. They had parted ways in July 1980.
- Michelle Sixta (1981–1990) – He had started dating usherette Michelle Sixta in 1981 and they got married on December 19, 1982. They got divorced in 1990.
- Marta Fitzgerald (1993–2004) – Rush began dating aerobics instructor Marta Fitzgerald in 1993 and they got married on May 27, 1994. They had parted ways in December 2004.
- Daryn Kagan (2004–2006)
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (2006)
- Kathryn Rogers (2007-Present) – He had started dating party planner Kathryn Rogers in July 2007 and they got married on June 5, 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, English, and Scottish descent.
- Stocky frame
- Often sports a rugged beard
- Back-combed, receding hairline
- Puffy face
- Affable smile
Rush Limbaugh Facts
- The name ‘Rush’, that he shares with both his father and his paternal grandfather, was originally selected for his paternal grandfather to honor a family member named Edna Rush.
- While he was still in high school, aged 16, he had secured his first radio job, at KGMO, a local radio station in his hometown of Cape Girardeau.
- By the end of 2001, he had turned completely deaf and could not manage without cochlear implants.
- He had once been invited to throw the ceremonial first pitch at a Kansas City Royals game but had forgotten to bring the ball with him for the pitch.
Featured Image by Rush Limbaugh / Instagram