|Gerard Butler Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 13, 1969|
Gerard Butler is a Scottish actor, film producer, and voiceover artist known for his work in movies such as The Phantom of the Opera, The Bounty Hunter, How to Train Your Dragon, Law Abiding Citizen, 300, The Ugly Truth, P.S. I Love You, Olympus Has Fallen, and Tales of the Black Freighter. He has also won several awards and nominations including a Satellite Award nomination for “Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical” for his role in The Phantom of the Opera as well as a Saturn Award nomination for “Best Actor” for 300.
Gerard James Butler (Pronounced – chair-errd)
He divides his time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Butler attended St Mirin’s & St Margaret’s High School in Paisley where he was a head boy. After getting respectable grades, he started studying law at the University of Glasgow. He was also the President of his university’s law department.
As a teen, Gerard also attended the Scottish Youth Theatre.
Actor, film producer, singer
- Father – Edward Butler (Bookmaker)
- Mother – Margaret Butler
- Siblings – Brian Butler (Older Brother), Lynn Butler (Older Sister)
- Others – Johnny Butler (Paternal Grandfather), James Hanton (Maternal Grandfather), Mary/May Flood (Maternal Grandmother)
He is signed with these agencies –
- Creative Artists Agency
- Alan Siegel Entertainment
- The Spanky Taylor Company
He has never signed with any record label.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gerard Butler has dated –
- Chiara Conti (2004) – He had a fling with Italian actress Chiara Conti in the year 2004.
- Josie D’Arby (2005) – He was romantically involved with Welsh television presenter and painter Josie D’Arby in 2005.
- Yuliya Mayarchuk (2005) – In 2005, he had an encounter with Ukrainian actress Yuliya Mayarchuk.
- Cassandra Hepburn (2005) – Butler was RUMORed to have hooked up with actress Cassandra Hepburn in 2005.
- Jasmine Burgess (2007-2008) – 15 years his junior, American model Jasmine Burgess and Gerard dated for a couple of months from 2007 to 2008.
- Naomi Campbell (2007) – In March 2007, he was RUMORed to be dating British model, Naomi Campbell.
- Glória Maria (2007) – He hooked up with Brazilian personality Glória Maria in 2007.
- Rosario Dawson (2007) – It was RUMORed that he had a romantic association with American actress and voiceover artist Rosario Dawson in 2007.
- Cameron Diaz (2008) – Butler was RUMORed to have had a fling with actress Cameron Diaz in 2008.
- Shanna Moakler (2008-2009) – From October 2008 to January 2009, he was romantically linked with model and actress, Shanna Moakler.
- Jennifer Aniston (2009) – 2010 film The Bounty Hunter co-stars Jennifer Aniston and Gerard were RUMORed to have briefly dated in the summer of 2009.
- Lindsay Lohan (2009) – On October 31, 2009, Gerard was seen locking lips with actress Lindsay Lohan at Sol Kerzner Mazagan Beach Resort launch in El Jadida, Morocco. It was confirmed by Daily Mail UK.
- Goga Ashkenazi (2010) – Then, in 2010, his name was linked with Kazakhstani-Russian businesswoman and socialite, Goga Ashkenazi.
- Beatriz Coelho (2010) – In February 2010, he and the Brazilian model, Beatriz Coelho were RUMORed to be an item.
- Madonna (2010)
- Martina Rajic (2010) – 20 years his junior, Slovakian model, Martina Rajic and Gerard were seen kissing each other in Serbia on May 4, 2010. At that time, Gerard was filming his movie Coriolanus.
- Jessica Biel (2011) – In 2011, Gerard and actress Jessica Biel were RUMORed to be romancing, when she had split from Justin Timberlake in March 2011.
- Ashley Greene (2011) – On June 7, 2011, the actors Gerard and Ashley Greene were spotted together at NYC’s Boom Boom Room. It was an encounter.
- Brandi Glanville (2011) – American TV personality, Brandi Glanville and Gerard had a couple of dates in August 2011. It was a short-lived relationship.
- Madalina Diana Ghenea (2012) – From May 2012 to December 2012, Romanian actress and model, Madalina Diana Ghenea and Gerard Butler were an item.
- Alesia Riabenkova (2012-2013) – In November 2012, 24 years his junior, American model Alesia Riabenkova and Gerard Butler dated each other. Later in 2015, she accused a photographer of raping her and making her pregnant, but the case was dropped eventually after a DNA test confirmed that the baby wasn’t his.
- Lizzie Cundy (2014) – This time, it is an English model and TV personality, Lizzie Cundy with whom Gerard romanced in July 2014.
- Morgan Brown (2015-2020) – In 2015, Gerard started dating Morgan Brown. They show PDA every now and then publicly. They remained together for all these years and dated on and off before finally calling quits in 2020. The separation news became public in August 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish and Scottish ancestry.
Gravelly, commanding voice
Gerard Butler’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 47 in or 119 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
In 2010, he appeared in a L’Oréal Men Expert commercial.
In 2014, Gerard modeled for a print ad for Hugo Boss fragrance.
Best Known For
Playing King Leonidas in the 300 (2007), and 300: Rise of an Empire (2014), as Tullus Aufidius in the Coriolanus (2011) based on William Shakespeare’s tragedy of the same name.
As a Singer
In his college time, he became a member of the rock band, Speed and used to perform in front of the public.
Butler debuted with 1997 film Mrs. Brown for his role as Archie Brown.
First TV Show
In 1998, Butler played the role as Marty Claymore in Channel 4’s comedy series The Young Person’s Guide to Becoming a Rock Star in a total of 6 episodes.
For the 2013 action-packed film Olympus Has Fallen, he played the secret service agent, Mike Banning. He did most of the stunts in the movie (He could have done all, but the insurance company won’t allow him).
So, to play all this, he needs to have a healthy and fit body, which is capable of performing such intense stunts. To prepare for the role, he worked with Navy SEALs and ex-special forces and learned various ways of fighting to justify his role.
Also, when Gerard has to play the role of a surfer like in Chasing Mavericks (2012), he makes his workout light to look like an actual surfer. He reduces weight lifting, and instead increases cardio, starts yoga and cleanses.
Even for 300, he performed a series of exercises. To get a glimpse of the gladiator workout, check these video –
Gerard Butler Favorite Things
- Actor – Christian Bale
- Sweet Tooth / Dessert – Blueberry muffins of Starbucks, Lemon Slice, Brownie
Gerard Butler Facts
- Gerard didn’t undergo any formal acting training.
- His acting career started professionally in 1997 when he was 28.
- From Scotland, his family relocated to Montreal, Quebec, Canada when he was 6 months old. Though, after his parents separation, he shifted back to Scotland. At that time, he was around 18 months old. He then met his dad at the age of 16 (Yes, a huge gap).
- When he was studying law, he became a part of the rock band named Speed.
- When he was 22, his father died of cancer.
- When his last year was left at the University of Glasgow, he took a year leave and traveled to the United States and did several jobs, enjoyed his life to the fullest and was even arrested for misbehaving in the public after getting drunk.
- Before becoming famous, he had worked as a waiter, in a telemarketing company, and also as a demonstrator (telling people how toys work).
- He does not like to be clean shaved. But, whenever he shaves, he feels as if he has become 5 years younger.
- He has a big collection of jackets. He likes to collect them, and wherever he goes, he keeps it in his suitcase even if the temperature of the location (to be visited) is really hot and humid.
- He takes massage several times a year, but facial, roughly once a year.
- He has a sweet tooth.
- Join Gerard on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.