|Soleil Moon Frye Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Soleil Moon Frye is an American actress, voice artist, director, producer, and screenwriter who started her career as a child actress when she was just 2 years old. She is known for playing Penelope “Punky” Brewster in the television sitcom, Punky Brewster, and this role won her the Young Artist Award for “Best Young Actress Starring in a Television Series”. The actress has also been cast in roles like Marcie in Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings, Roxie King in Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Zoey in The Proud Family, Aseefa in Planet Sheen, Jade in Bratz, Linda Fray in Who Will Love My Children?, Casey inThe Girls’ Room, Chrissy Winslow in Invitation to Hell, Kathy in MacGruder and Loud, Robin in Saved by the Bell, Kyra Thompson in I’ve Been Waiting for You, Katie in Friends, and Charlene in The Law & Harry McGraw.
Soleil Moon Frye (Pronounced “So-lay”)
Glendora, California, U.S.
Soleil’s education took place at a private school in Los Feliz. She further attended the San Fernando Valley Professional School situated in Burbank.
Finally, in the late 1990s, she went to The New School in New York City.
Actress, Screenwriter, Film director
- Father – Virgil Frye (Actor)
- Mother – Sondra Peluce (Her Manager and Caterer)
- Siblings – Sean Frye (Half-Brother), Meeno Peluce (Half-Brother)
- Others – Virgil C. Frye (Paternal Grandfather), Hazel Mildred Frisbey (Paternal Grandmother)
Sondra Peluce (Mother)
She got a break in her acting career when her father introduced her to an agent from Herb Tannen & Associates in Hollywood. Later, her mother took the role of her manager.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Soleil Moon Frye has dated –
- Brian Austin Green – Soleil was rumored to be dating actor Brian Austin Green in the late 1980s or early 1990s.
- Jared Leto (1991) – In 1991, there came out a RUMOR that Soleil Moon Frye was dating multi-talented method actor, Jared Leto. One of Jared’s finest works was the role of a transgender in the movie Dallas Buyers Club (2013). However, the relationship was later denied by both parties.
- Charlie Sheen – In March 2021, Soleil revealed that she was previously in a relationship with actor Charlie Sheen. She also revealed that she had her first consensual s*xual experience with Charlie.
- Edward Furlong (1992) – Once again, Soleil could not be left alone when she came up in the news for dating the Terminator 2: Judgment Day star, Edward Furlong. What has become of Mr. Furlong is well known by all celebrity enthusiasts.
- Mark Wahlberg (1992-1993) – She was romantically involved with actor, producer, restaurateur, and former rapper Mark Wahlberg between 1992 and 1993.
- Jason Goldberg (1997-2020) – On October 25, 1998, Soleil Moon Frye married American television producer, Jason Goldberg (Though, they had already met in 1997 while working on a project). The ceremony was held on the basis of Jewish customs as Soleil’s mother, as well as Jason Goldberg, is of Jewish descent. The couple has four children, daughters Poet Sienna Rose (b. August 24, 2005) and Jagger Joseph Blue (b. March 17, 2008), and sons Lyric Sonny Roads (b. February 10, 2014) and Story (b. May 16, 2016). They separated in 2020 after 22 years of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
Soleil is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her mother’s side and has English, Irish, and Scottish roots on her father’s side.
Dark-colored long hair
37–26–35 in or 94-66-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
In 2001, Soleil Moon Frye did a magazine advertisement for Showstyle. Besides that, she also did a TV commercial for “One to Grow On.”
She was also chosen as the Mommy Ambassador for Target.
Best Known For
Frye became famous with her popular role in the sitcom Punky Brewster as Penelope “Punky” Brewster. She appeared on the show from 1984 to 1988.
Soleil’s first movie role was as Minerva in the TV film You Ruined My Life in 1987.
First TV Show
Soleil had her first TV role in the sitcom Diff’rent Strokes, aired in 1985. She played the role of Terry Harris in the episode: “Sam’s New Pal.”
Back in 2014, Soleil had gained a lot of weight due to her pregnancy. After delivery, she worked really hard to get back in shape with the help of a trainer. Her routine included biking, dancing, and walking. On top of that, she worked out at home running after children and all. In other words, she stayed active all the time which led to a mind-blowing 40 pounds shred off of her body. Moreover, to shed those pounds, she focused on a low-carb diet which she still follows and also advises other ladies to do the same for staying fit and active.
Soleil Moon Frye Favorite Things
- Food – Soleil loves the smell and taste of fresh bread. She also loves cooking it with her daughters.
- Books – The Giving Tree (By Shel Silverstein)
- Board Game – Soleil loves playing Monopoly with her daughters.
- Flower – Peony
Source – Glamour
Soleil Moon Frye Facts
- Soleil’s parents divorced when she was just two years old.
- Her directorial debut was Wild Horses (1998).
- She played the role of Penelope “Punky” Brewster in the sitcom Punky Brewster (1984-1988) for which she was critically acclaimed. The show didn’t show up ratings up to the mark, but the character was highly popular.
- In February 1999, she played the role of Katie in an episode titled The One with the Girl Who Hits Joey of the popular comedy sitcom, Friends.
- She also starred in the television drama I’ve Been Waiting For You (1998), where she was cast as a witch hunter. Later, she was given the role in Sabrina, The Teenage Witch (2000-2003) as Sabrina’s best friend. Now, that’s irony.
- She did her first televised performance at the age of six.
- She also did voice acting in the cartoon Tiny Toon Adventures as Elmira’s older sister.
- She was ranked #35 on the “100 Greatest Kid Stars” list brought by VH1.
- She regarded George Gaynes as her acting mentor. However, after Punky Brewster, she stopped being in contact with him for unknown reasons.
- She had suffered from gigantomastia for which she underwent breast reduction surgery.