|Maya Hawke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1998|
Maya Hawke is an American actress and model who is well-known for her role as Robin in the 3rd season of Netflix’s mega-popular series Stranger Things. Before fame, she made her first on-screen appearance as Jo March on BBC’s adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s semi-autobiographical novel Little Women which was released in 2017. She originally comes from a family of renown actors so it didn’t take long until she developed her own interest in acting. Aside from being an actress, she also does modeling and made her debut as a professional when she modeled for Vogue magazine. Shortly after she was introduced to the modeling industry, she was later chosen as the face of the famous British fashion retailer AllSaints for its 2016/2017 collection. She was also chosen as one of the faces on Calvin Klein‘s underwear range video campaign directed by Sofia Coppola.
Maya Ray Thurman-Hawke
New York City, New York, United States
She went to Saint Ann’s School in Brooklyn, New York City wherein she developed her interest in acting. Hawke later attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London and Stella Adler Studio of Acting in New York.
Before accepting her first on-screen role on BBC’s Little Women in 2017, she went to the performing arts school, Juilliard for a year.
- Father – Ethan Hawke (Actor, Writer, Director)
- Mother – Uma Thurman (Actress, Model)
- Siblings – Levon Roan Thurman-Hawke (Younger Brother)
- Others – James Steven Hawke (Paternal Grandfather), Leslie Carole Green (Paternal Grandmother), Rosalie Turner (Great-grandmother), Robert Alexander Farrar Thurman (Maternal Grandfather), and Nena Birgitte Caroline von Schlebrügge (Maternal Grandmother), Luna Thurman-Busson (Younger Half-Sister), Indiana Hawke (Younger Half-Sister), Clementine Jane Hawke (Younger Half-Sister)
Maya Hawke is represented by Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maya Hawke has dated –
- Gus Wenner – She has been low-key when it comes to her personal life outside work. But looking at her Instagram, she seems to be dating a non-showbiz guy named Gus Wenner.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, Northern Irish, Scottish, Swedish, and Danish ancestry.
- Plump Lips
- Long Lashes
- Small Face
- Bright Eyes
Maya Hawke has endorsed brands such as –
- Calvin Klein
Best Known For
Landing a role as Robin in the 3rd season of Netflix’s mega-popular series Stranger Things
In 2019, she made her theatrical film debut as the Flower Child in the drama film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
First TV Show
In 2015, she made her TV show debut as ‘Herself’ on the talk show, Entertainment Tonight.
Maya Hawke Facts
- She dropped out of Juilliard to appear as Jo March on BBC’s adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s semi-autobiographical novel Little Women in 2017.
- Maya was actually the first choice for Sofia Coppola’s The Little Mermaid but the role later went to model-actress, Chloe Grace Moretz.
- Her parents are proud Stranger Things fans and her portrayal as Robin was well-praised.
- Maya Hawke has dyslexia which caused her to frequently change schools during her primary education.
- Maya got to share the screen with her dad Ethan Hawke for the first time in a film titled Revolver.
Featured Image by Maya Hawke / Instagram