|Jonah Hauer-King Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1995|
Jonah Hauer-King is a British-American actor and singer who rose to prominence in 2017 after appearing in the television dramas Howards End and Little Women. He solidified his fame by becoming a series regular in the BBC TV drama series World on Fire, where he began to play the part of Harry Chase in 2019. Jonah has starred in several notable films including The Last Photograph (2017), which had received its world premiere at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, with him having portrayed the lead role of Luke Hammond in it. He has also been credited with singing a number of soundtrack pieces such as My Funny Valentine in the movie Postcards from London (2018). Hauer-King got featured in the Evening Standard‘s annual Progress 1000 list of London’s most influential people in 2016, 2017, and 2018 consecutively. He has garnered more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Jonah Andre Hauer-King
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
He completed his primary education and then went to the independent boarding school for boys called Eton College in the town of Eton, near Windsor in Berkshire.
After that, he attended St. John’s College in Cambridge, graduating in 2017 with a first-class degree in Theology and Religious Studies. He had continued to juggle both stage and screen acting whilst he was there.
- Father – Jeremy King (Restaurateur)
- Mother – Debra Hauer (Theatre Producer & Therapist)
- Siblings – Margot Hauer-King (Sister) (Accounts Manager), Hannah Hauer-King (Sister) (Co-Founder of a theater company & Theater Director)
He has been represented by United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Maya Hawke – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent on his father’s side of the family and of Polish-Jewish descent on his mother’s side.
- Dimpled smile
- Sharp features
Jonah Hauer-King Favorite Things
- Musician – Amy Winehouse, having usually chosen one of her songs to perform, when he has auditioned for a musical
Source – 1883 Magazine
Jonah Hauer-King Facts
- He was brought up in London.
- Jonah’s mother is American and his father is British, which resulted in him possessing citizenship in the United States as well as the United Kingdom.
- He started acting at school and got signed by an agent when he was performing at the Edinburgh Fringe.
- Hauer-King has disclosed that in World on Fire, playing the young British translator Harry Chase who was stationed in Warsaw, had been easy for him due to his personal connection to the history of the Second World War. His maternal grandparents had fled Warsaw in the 1930s, having gone to Canada and later moved to Walnut Creek in California in the United States, where his mother grew up. Jonah has always been fascinated by how war can affect someone’s identity.
- Hauer-King has revealed that when filming Little Women, he had fun putting on women’s clothes, in solidarity with his female co-stars. He had observed that the girls were in corsets all day that was not at all easy and he went on to don the corset, a blouse, and a bonnet, completing the look by carrying a handbag. Jonah has recalled having spent about 2 hours running around, but people had just walked straight past him, so much like a woman he had looked.
Featured Image by Jonah Hauer-King / Instagram