|Timothée Chalamet Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1995|
Timothée Chalamet is an American actor and stage artist who has established himself as one of the prominent actors of his generation and his portrayal of Elio Perlman in the 2017 coming-of-age romantic drama film, Call Me by Your Name, got him nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Actor”, making him the 3rd-youngest nominee in the category at the age of 22. Some of his other on-screen roles include playing Young Tom Cooper in Interstellar, Finn Walden in Homeland, Nic Sheff in Beautiful Boy, Theodore “Laurie” Laurence in Little Women, King Henry V in The King, Kyle Scheible in Lady Bird, and Gatsby Welles in A Rainy Day in New York.
Timothée Hal Chalamet
Teemo, Timothy, Tim, Timmy
Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, New York, United States
After getting into high school, he went to a performing arts school called LaGuardia wherein he met some excellent teachers and really fell in love with the art form.
Further on, he graduated from Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts in 2013. He is also a YoungArts alumnus, as he has been involved in their theatre program.
After a year of studies, Chalamet transferred from Columbia University to the Gallatin School of Individualized Study of New York University in order to more freely pursue his acting career.
Actor, Stage Artist
- Father – Marc Chalamet (Editor for UNICEF, Former New York correspondent for Le Parisien)
- Mother – Nicole Flender (Yale-graduated Real Estate Broker, Former Broadway Dancer, Language and Dance Teacher)
- Siblings – Pauline Chalamet (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Rodman Flender (Uncle) (Harvard-educated director), Amy Lippman (Aunt)(Television Producer and writer), Rev. Roger Jacques Chalamet (Paternal Grandfather), Jean Elisabeth/Elizabeth Ashworth (Paternal Grandmother), Harold Flender (Maternal Grandfather) (Writer, Screenwriter), Enid S. Rodman (Maternal Grandmother)
Timothee has been represented by –
- Ginsburg Daniels
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Timothée Chalamet has dated –
- Lourdes Leon (2013-2014) – Timothée Chalamet and the daughter of singer Madonna, Lourdes Leon started dating in March 2013. After dating for about a year, they called it quits in March 2014.
- Lily-Rose Depp (2018-2020) – In 2018, Timothée had started dating French model and actress, Lily-Rose Depp. Their relationship was confirmed when they publicly kissed each other in October 2018 during an outing in New York City. They split in 2020.
- Eiza Gonzalez (2020) – In June 2020, Timothée started dating actress Eiza Gonzalez. Their relationship was short-lived and it fizzled out soon.
Race / Ethnicity
He has French, English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry on his dad’s side and is of half Russian Jewish and half Austrian Jewish descent on his mom’s side.
Green with a hint of hazel
- Pale skin
He has appeared in Cadillac 2021 Super Bowl commercial alongside Winona Ryder.
Best Known For
The actor had his claim to fame as Finn Walden in the critically acclaimed Showtime spy thriller series Homeland, where he played the rebellious son of the Vice President of the United States.
Timothee’s first theatrical film appearance was in the drama film Men, Women & Children in the role of Danny Vance in 2014.
Before that, he had already appeared in 2 short films in 2008.
First TV Show
In 2009, Timothee played Eric Foley on the NBC police procedural series Law & Order in an episode.
Timothée Chalamet Favorite Things
- Director – Christopher Nolan
- One Of His Favorite Films – Punch-Drunk Love (2002)
Source – TheLast-Magazine.com, IMDb
Timothée Chalamet Facts
- Tim can speak French fluently.
- To play Elio Perlman in Call Me by Your Name (2017), Chalamet spent time learning the Italian language, guitar, and even the piano.
- To play Spider-Man, he was also considered besides Tom Holland but eventually, he lost the role to Tom.
- Timothee is actor Steve Carell‘s biggest fan.
- He was cast as Jim Quinn in John Patrick Shanley’s autobiographical play Prodigal Son in 2016 at the Manhattan Theatre Club and this role won him the Lucille Lortel Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Play” while he was also nominated for a Drama League Award in the “Distinguished Performance Award” category.
- He appeared as Gatsby Welles in the 2019 romantic comedy film, A Rainy Day in New York, directed by Woody Allen.
- Timothée has been good friends with Armie Hammer.
- Alongside the likes of Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson, Florence Pugh, Laura Dern, Meryl Streep, and Bob Odenkirk, he co-starred as Theodore “Laurie” Laurence in the 2019 coming-of-age period drama film, Little Women, which is the 7th film adaptation of the 1868 novel of the same name by Louisa May Alcott.
- Timothee was the 4th most-searched actor on Google in the United States in 2020.
Featured Image by Elena Ringo / Elena-Ringo.com / CC BY 4.0